1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I think I killed my prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RobN, Aug 25, 2007.

1. RobN

RobN New Member

Placed my order for my new 2007 Prius (maybe 2008?). Everything on the dealer lot is spoken for so I have to wait for the next batch to come from Japan. Hopefully it will be in time to get the tax credit. Well as least I did get a discount on the car. The salesman get me his "thank you for remembering me" discount. Not sure of the exact amount but it was $500-1000.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RobN @ Sep 2 2007, 11:47 PM) [snapback]506166[/snapback]</div>
    What personal items will they let you take from the car?

Like: mats, tonneau cover, etc? Even the old owners manual. You can sell all of this on eBay or post it here for those that need it. The car doesn't need them anymore.

3. RobN

RobN New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Sep 3 2007, 02:19 AM) [snapback]506202[/snapback]</div>
    Most of it is cleaned out. I'm going there in the morning to check and make sure I got everything. I know I left the manuals there so I'll grab them and anything else thats not screwed down.

4. RobN

RobN New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Sep 3 2007, 02:19 AM) [snapback]506202[/snapback]</div>
    I only only stuff left was the manuals in the glove compartment. The trunk interior was disassembled so they could disconnect the battery pack.

I snapped off a couple pictures of the engine compartment without the front end on the car.

Robert

Got news today that I may have a new 2007 Seaside Pearl by next week. I'm glad I don't have to wait for the next boat because that might not be in time for the Sept 30th tax credit deadline.

Attached Files:

5. RobN

RobN New Member

Well the insurance company finally finished with my car and came up with a settlement. They are giving me $21600 for the car which is higher then I hoped after researching the used Prius market. This gives me enough to pay off the current loan and have money left over for a down payment on the new one that I pick up on Thursday. I'm just glad I could get a new one before the tax credit expired the end of this month.

6. RobN

RobN New Member

Well the insurance company finally finished with my car and came up with a settlement. They are giving me $21600 for the car which is higher then I hoped after researching the used Prius market. This gives me enough to pay off the current loan and have money left over for a down payment on the new one that I pick up on Thursday. I'm just glad I could get a new one before the tax credit expired the end of this month.