1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I Think I've Been Cursed

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by whoda_thunk_it, Jul 1, 2008.

1. whoda_thunk_it

whoda_thunk_it New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I was excited when I replied to some posts saying I would be getting my Prius only 2 weeks after ordering it. I wasn't meaning to rub it in the faces of others waiting longer. I guess the auto gods have been angered.

My car was supposed to unload on June 10th the day I was placing the order
    I was called the following week saying ETA was June 27th
    I sold my Matrix last week.
    I just had a call saying it is off the train in Chicago, but they really don't know when it will arrive here. I'm going on vacation Thursday, and still need to install the trailer hitchfor my bike and get comfortable with driving a different vehicle.

At least the weather has been pleasant for my bike rides to work.

2. freshmtt

freshmtt Dachshund Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well, why couldn't that train just bring it up to MIL???? It is not that much farther?, I don't understand how all this transportation stuff works but if a dealer in MIL is ordering the car why do they have to unload it in Chicago??, I'm sure the dealer doesn't have another location here in CHI? Or do they,, did you ask them why it was unloaded here in CHI and not in MIL??, I would be going crazy about now waiting for it.. Hopefully it will come soon!!

3. whoda_thunk_it

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This is worse than waiting for christmas or birthdays as a kid. I want it now.
    Then there is the protestant guilt about poor little me having to wait for a whole 3 weeks.
    I am vivualizing my care being first off the train and going directly to the truck that will bring it here yet tonight.....it could happen...

4. Ellets

Ellets Seaside Pearl

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Mine was supposed to be here "end of June/beginning of July" but nothing yet. I guess it IS only the July 1...! :)

5. realale

realale Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    At least you know where yours is!

I'm another in the June 30th to July 7th club. My dealer said they won't get an update until it pulls onto their lot. I've been fine with the waiting until now - somehow knowing it's so close makes me more obsessive.

6. browercreed

browercreed New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Those are the dates they gave me. I called my dealer this morning and he was able to
    look on his computer and see that it had been loaded on the truck and should arrive
    here late tonight or early a.m. So your guy can do this if he really wants to. The person
    I spoke with was the "inventory management guy". My salesperson didn't know apparently because he hadn't called me, but this guy knew how to get that information.

7. m2mazda6

m2mazda6 Silver Pine Mica

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Dealer called should be here around the 10th I have the vin #

8. realale

realale Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Cool! Thanks for the tip.

9. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If the train came from the West most of them terminate in Chicago or stop there before going on further eastward. Freight trains, that is.

The flooding in Iowa caused some problems for certain rail lines, too.

I' sure the car will be put on an auto carrier and on it's way north i a short time. If I see it going by Gurnee I will wave!:D

10. TXSNAKESTER

TXSNAKESTER New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I must have gotten lucky. I ordered a 08 package 2 on June 3rd. Picked it up on June 30th. I was flexible on color[wanted silver ,sand, or red] and settled for dark grey. I recieved a call less than a week after placing the order and salesman asked if I would be ok with grey . Of course I said yes. I even ordered another and I am now #23 on the list. Color preference will matter on the next one. From all the posts it seems like I anm lucky to get the first one,who knows about the second one?

11. whoda_thunk_it

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It is here!
    I'm picking it up in 2 hours. I won't get to have too much fun with it tonight, since as soon as I get it home I have to get the hitch installed so I can leave for vacation right from work tomorrow. I'll be reading the manual poolside over the weekend.

I guess the auto gods have been appeased, and I didn't even have to sacrifice a virgin...not that I would have a clue where to find one of those.