1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I turned down my car today!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by windstrings, Jan 14, 2006.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I ordered the barcelona red, package #8 with bisque through my broker. Mine is supposed to be here soon anyway.

A dealer called me and I was offered the barcelona red package #7 with third party leather "I could pick my color" but they couldn't do the steering wheel. They would have given it to me at the same price as the package #8.

It was very tempting, but I turned it down to get what I wanted "leather on steering wheel" and my deal is 500.00 cheaper than the msrp the dealer offered.

I feel like almost a bride?

Darn that would have been fun to get it now, but I keep telling myself I'll be glad I waited later.

I hear the third party leather is really nice... "cat leather" is the type ... a very high grade, but it will be nice not to stress about whether they do a good job and whether I have any complications. It would also be a bummer not to have my steer wheel leather.

The final thing that tilted my decision was .... the reason I got the offer was someone had cancelled thier order which opened it up for me, but then they changed their mind and wanted it again... supposedly they were standing in the dealers showroom trying to buy it when they called me to offer.
    I know this sounds fishy, but I gave them the benifit of a doubt, but then that ended up being the main thing that turned me against getting it now.

I figured since I have one coming around the corner for 500.00 less and if I took it, this guy may have to wait a long long time to get his barcelona red... I just let him have it!... ain't I a nice guy? Ain't I just peachy sweet?... Yea, it makes me sick too! <_<

I hope they were telling the truth... if not, they lost a sale by reason of that guys presence and now have no one to sell it to to boot!

I still feel funny for turning that down...... :blink:

2. QED

QED New Member

Yep, you are a dying breed. Last of the nice guys. Ok, I'm getting kinda sick too!

I can just hear the salesman..."Well folks, if you don't want the car, I have someone who will buy it today!....Ring....Then you turn it down. I would have loved to see the salesmans face! :D You struck a blow for consumers everywhere! Keep up the good work! :p