1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I want to be hella heard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by The Phoenix, Feb 5, 2017.

1. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I will be doing some work on my 2008 prius and want to take the opportunity to upgrade my horn...I can't stand the very small sounding stock horn. So I bought some hella twin trumpet horns.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000COBK8A/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am assuming it will be much easier to install with the bumper dropped, if there is an easier way, please let me know.

Also the horns came with no wires, is it possible to hook them up directly in place of the factory horns, it there the two wires and two contacts on the stock horns. I am trying to do this as simply as possible. Thank you for any help and comments anyone might have

2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Good idea. I had a pair of these on my last motorcycle.

I have not tried it on a Prius (yet), but the motorcycle needed a relay with heavier wires with an in-line fuse from the battery to the horns to get full volume. You might check the amperage draw on the horns and make sure the existing wires are up to the job.

One of the funniest things I ever saw: I was on the bike (with the weaponized horns) and a guy in on old beater pickup truck started wandering into my lane. He had his window down, but apparently didn't have his brain plugged in. He never looked. Well, he did look after he banged his head on his roof. His hands came clean off the steering wheel too. I guess he didn't have his seat belt fastened either. :ROFLMAO:

Hasan and Bluegrassman like this.