1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I will be in Western Washington the week of Thanksgiving 2012

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by JimboPalmer, Sep 12, 2012.

1. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I fly in Sunday the 18th of November late at night, and fly out Friday the 23rd even later at night.

I usually visit Bellingham, Black Diamond, and Montesano areas, so lets see what happens. I may be searching for waterfalls to show my wife. (Being from Mississippi, she does not see many waterfalls)

PriusCamper likes this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The best collection of waterfalls around these parts are in the Columbia Gorge...

Also up near Bellingham is Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National forest, which is still in an intact wilderness with charismatic megafauna that's been driven to extinction further South. Here's a website I just found for you that may be of some use: World Waterfall Database | Cataloged waterfalls in varQueryBy

Of course it all depends on the rental car you get. The three locations you mentioned above in themselves are a lot of expensive miles if you're not in a Prius. A friend who visited last Spring was able to get a Chevy Cruze as a rental and I had to follow her to return the car and she drove like a bat out of hell and I was barely able to keep up! She was stoked that her rental car had plenty of power and used hardly any gas. As for me, I had to turn off my MFD because I couldn't stand to look at what my MPG was doing trying to keep up with her.... :)