1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I wish I had read about the tailgating before~

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by EthelMertz, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

LMAO! Love it!

2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have not tried it with the Prius but sometimes the rear window washer works too. I was riding in an SUV and the driver cleaned his rear window. The motorcyclist behind him was not happy. :eek:

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'd be inclined to not do the windshield washer thing, for a number of reasons.

Cops suggested to me once, to take a picture. Yup: never mind the cell phone ban, this is the exception to the rule. Preferably have a passenger do it.

4. CoastRider

CoastRider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It happened again this morning! If I was 1/2 second quicker, my Prius would've been wiped out.

A huge Dodge SUV blew through the red light to my right, and just barely missed my Prius. A nice quiet Sunday morning, hardly any traffic on the road, but there is always an idiot lurking out there somewhere…

It's terrible, knowing that sometimes our fate lies in the hands of drunks, drug addicted drivers, thugs fleeing a crime, distracted drivers, speeders... You name it, they are out there.

I wonder how it would be, to live on a nice island where vehicles are not allowed? Cool see breezes, palm trees, clear blue water, and pretty native women to relax with! ;)

Merkey, Mendel Leisk and jerrymildred like this.
  5. golecktrik

golecktrik New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Majority of U.S. drivers are oblivious to SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT. No matter what your speed if you yield to the guy who wants to go faster, you might prevent a roadrage incident. There's no reward in being a highway vigilante. Allow him to get around you.
    In pre-unification Germany where they took their driving seriously, if you hung out in the left lane, YOU were the bad guy...

KennyGS likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there are more speeders and weavers in the right lanes causing accident's, than slowpokes in the left lanes.

Tyfly, jerrymildred and Mendel Leisk like this.
  7. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not to mention the shoulders!! :eek:

bisco likes this.
  8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    in florida? how do they get around all the broken down cars?:p

fuzzy1 and jerrymildred like this.
  9. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Likewise in New York, NYC in particular, it would mean weaving around the wrecks and discarded auto parts, exhaust systems, rims, partial loads shed by passing trucks...

CoastRider likes this.
  10. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not so much broken down as smashed up from what I've seen. The 100+ mph on the shoulder was in Virginia, the state for lovers. Go figure. :ROFLMAO:

bisco likes this.
  11. MelonPrius

MelonPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is definitely what I've seen in Vegas. The impatient and frustrated drivers are often hanging out in the right lane on the highways, while the passing lanes are wide open.

Southern California has it's share of aggressive drivers, too. But on the freeways there, the faster drivers tend to stay on the left and middle lanes and avoid the right lane. I think having a slower 55 speed limit for trucks (usually driving in the right lane) helps to keep the speeders away from the slower lanes. In Vegas, there isn't a different speed limit for trucks.

bisco likes this.
  12. CoastRider

CoastRider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    More crazy drivers....

I'm stopped in the right lane, waiting for a pedestrian to walk by before turning right into McDonald's. The crazy "THUG" behind me (and that's saying it nicely) gets impatient, and guns his VW Jetta up onto the sidewalk, causing the woman pedestrian to run for her life. He's burning rubber into the McDonald's parking lot and weaving all over, and never did stop in the order lane. (Too impatient, again). He shot back out into traffic from the other side of the building, cutting everyone off.

It surprised me, but then it really didn't surprise me... because people are completely NUTS in Southern California! Theirs about 50% nice respectable people; and 50% CREEPS, CONVICTS, KOOKS, A-HOLES, and INSANE PEOPLE!

And shortly before that incident, I'm following a Corolla, and I don't know if they were distracted or what but this guy (gal?) suddenly veers off to the right and SLAM! BAM! right into the curb and up onto the grassy strip. That Corolla hit so hard I think it busted the axel, and then it almost rolled on it's side after he tried to over-correct.

Just another normal day in the big city.

Merkey and Mendel Leisk like this.
  13. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    ...and I had actually contemplated retiring one day in SoCal. :eek:

14. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had a nine month long consulting job in So. Cal. No interest whatsoever in living there. Great climate, but not worth it.

CoastRider likes this.
  15. MelonPrius

MelonPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've missed So Cal nearly every day that I've been away. Especially the weather. I never thought the drivers were any worse than other places that I have lived- especially on the highways. I think the horrible traffic there brings out the worst in people, as they're often running late.

CoastRider likes this.
  16. CoastRider

CoastRider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The state has many very beautiful areas. Especially up in Northern California, and of course the coastal communities. Very diverse geographically. But I am sure not a fan of the larger metropolitan areas. The traffic and cost-of-living is insane. Crime is very prevalent in certain areas. There is nothing pleasant or fun about driving through these large congested cities. It can be very stressful. I should have left many years ago, when I was younger.

I'm retired, I have a great new 2016 Prius, but I'm very hesitant sometimes to get out and take long drives because I can't stand being on those horrible freeways. :mad:

#136 CoastRider, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    jerrymildred likes this.
  17. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Actually, I think the drivers in CA are far better than here. In fact, I came back here every other weekend and would see more wrecks here over one weekend than I'd see in the Torrance area in two weeks. And there's some wonderful scenery out there. But, as the saying goes, "Great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there." :)

18. MelonPrius

MelonPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I see you're in the Tampa area, so I understand. Your area would rank very high on my list of places to live and retire. I try to make it out there as often as I can for spring training.

jerrymildred likes this.
  19. JStrenk

JStrenk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Try riding a bicycle down a country road if you want to see road rage....
    There are no bike lanes were I live.