1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I wish the Prius had....................

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Gasitman, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah the black plastic bumper. There was a photo of it somewhere but I forget where... (owner's pics?)

Sorry how does that turn off the bluetooth? What which bluetooth? the phone or the audio streaming?

It won't start in EV Drive Mode for emissions reasons. That and it's better to use your engine to accelerate than to use the battery. In normal mode, the battery is used to get the car moving initially anyway which saves fuel and wear & tear on the engine.

2. Sneezy

Sneezy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A sunroof without NAV option! in my area anyway.

3. teeasal

teeasal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Page 175 of the manual says that the bluetooth entenna is built into the display. I never use audio streaming but I gues it uses the same antenna, so if the antenna is turned off, it'll turn off audio streaming too. I don't mean it turns off bluetooth directly. It just make the bluetooth reception so bad it disconnects. My phone actually started to ring and then "bluetooth disconnected" message popped up.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...etooth-disconnects-if-display-turned-off.html

Well, I like the gas paddle response of the PWR mode, maybe because I'm used to driving the Honda Civic for 15 years. It was touch and go for that little red demon.

So I'd like the Prius to default to EV+PWR mode every time it stops so it mimics the startup of the standard mode where it uses EV for the first few mph before ICE kicks in. I don't mean to use EV for extended distances every time during start up from stand still.

4. jr02ray

jr02ray New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    DRL's and a deeper boot (trunk) for my dog!

5. Coprius2010

Coprius2010 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    ...a light under the hood.

6. Zhe Wiz

Zhe Wiz Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    All Wheel Drive!!

7. Troyroy

Troyroy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    DRL's/Auto on-off headlights/Auto lights (headlights & taillights) on with wipers/flashing 3rd brake light/When key fob gets more then 10' away from running (Ready) car....all doors lock/should anyone press on the brake pedal without key fob inside car, car shuts down as normally would./ICE & Inverter temp gages built into display/ICE fuel pump running light built into display./12 Volt battery meter built into display./Foot lamps (front) in all models/Aux Storage area lamp on all models (under bridge)/lamp in glove boxes/Different material used for interior plastics, one that does not scratch so easy/Auto touch door handle for passenger & hatch back door/In the event that the 12 volt battery goes below the threshold that is needed to start the car, the HV traction battery charges the 12 volt battery automatically, until the HV traction battery reaches the point where the ICE would need to start to recharge the system. Allow this on all models, as a owners preference if they so desire it to be in use. This would save many owners from being stranded at a airport or cruise port after returning from a long vacation to find a dead 12 volt battery, when the HV traction battery has plenty of power stored in it.

8. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Paragraphs or a bulleted list would help.

The first could be a safety issue. How does the car tell the difference between out range vs. some other communication loss that can happen besides a dead fob battery? What if the driver continues to use a fob w/marginal or dead battery?

As for more SKS handles, there is 3-door SKS, but one needs to have model IV/four or above on the 3rd gen.

As for the HV -> 12 volt, well, the NHW10 (which we never got in the US) had it. It shipped in 12/97 in Japan. Regrading the feature and its removal, see Boosting HV battery in NHW10 Prius - CleanMPG Forums and post 8 of Jump Starting a Prius II - CleanMPG Forums. The first we got in the US was the NHW11.

9. Troyroy

Troyroy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Most of what I read in your links were of charging the traction battery. I want the traction battery to charge the 12 volt aux battery. Thus keeping it from going dead. Make it available where if so chosen by the owner that the ICE would keep all batteries fully charged. Regardless how long the owner was away....I'm guessing that if someone did this, with a full tank of gas, it would take quite some time before the car ran out of gas.

10. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm still hoping my next Subaru will be have HSD, but news has been quite scarce. The only recent news was here.

11. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Whoops... I misunderstood. :embarassed::redface:

12. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A metal (ignition) key.

A 100 page owner's manual.

The Honda Insight's MSRP.

Basically I wish the Prius had a younger brother that was all about being green, and providing efficient, clean, relatively safe transportation, without all of the up-selling options and gollywog 'features'. Maybe a Yaris with HSD propulsion,
    Oh yes....and the ability to recharge the already on-board battery with a home charger.

Zat too much to ask?

13. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Make the Prius feel and look more like being in a hybridized type of Accord. Bring it into the same ballpark in driving dynamics. Toyota, study the Accord steering wheel shape, placement and adjustment range - whole car feels like more of a 'driver's car', but very civilized. But, yeah, it's had 8 gens.

And put the darn 16" alloys with 205/55 tires to finish the look of Prius.

TIA.

14. noweyout

noweyout Trying to get used to it

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Cupholders that can hold a decent sized cup!

+1 on the all LED lights all around

15. ramdisk01

ramdisk01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Vastly Extended Range for the remote A/C option! Drop the 20 second delay, and don't turn off A/C when door is opened....

In hot weather climates the solar roof is a Godsend. The remote A/C is almost worthless because of limitations that really aren't necessary.

Thanks,

Ramdisk01:rolleyes:

16. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hands down the #1 wish for me would be an optional ..

16" x 6.5" alloy wheel option in Prius III and IV. No wheelcovers!(doesn't have to be with solar) This size wheel is uncommon in aftermarket, but it is a common size wheel in cars same size as Prius - Corolla, Civic, Matrix, Elantra, you name it.

17. skilbovia

skilbovia Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  18. zeke013

zeke013 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    +1

At least for the mirrors . . .

19. jbcarey

jbcarey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    a traction control system that works like my old sonata with an on-off switch

20. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Fewer squeaks and rattles. Seriously.