1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ICE Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efrench515, Apr 4, 2006.

1. cmwade77

cmwade77 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeromep @ Apr 5 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]235400[/snapback]</div>
    I have to disagree with the statment, I just got back from driving to Utah, where it was 37 degrees and below (the high was 41 generally) and while there I got some of the best FE I have evfer seen, I was up to about 55 MPG until putting in gas on the state line of Nevada and California. I don't know if Utah has a different formula that works better or what, but it was great, Here in Sunny So. Calfornia (Not so sunny for a while here though) I have been averaging about 45-46 MPG at 50-60 Degree weather.

2. efrench515

efrench515 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 6 2006, 10:56 AM) [snapback]235805[/snapback]</div>
    It does not run rough constantly, It mostly happens in the afternoon on the way home from work after the engine is warm. I had to do some work at the local dealership today so I talked to the service manager (weird but he is also their IT manager) He said it is probably one of 2 things. Either that engine always tries to stop in the exact same spot this sometimes casues the 10kw motor to bump the engine to get it to the proper position, he says this is the most common reason for learching when stopped or stopping. The other possibility can be because the ICE and cat are hot but the batteries are still not up to temp so the HV ECU wants to stop the engine but whenever it does ir tries to the ECM reports that the batteries are still not fully ready so it restarts or keeps the ICE running. He says when this is occurung it can cause the ICE to seem very rough. He thinks my car is fine :)