1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ice running for a few seconds then shuts off

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Lino, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Lino

Lino Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My engine blew up and was seized, kept trying to start as I was moving the car in electric mode.
    After installing another engine it started for a few seconds then I get a fault that says engine not running or started, I don't recall the actual message.
    Anyway when my original engine blew the rod went into the AC compressor most likely grounded out some of the electronics, so I have all connections to compressor disconnected, I don't see what this would cause any issue with my problem but I could be wrong.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    usually that sound is the motor cranking the engine, but not starting

be careful not to drain your battery

3. Lino

Lino Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I could swear that it was running, but maybe I need to make sure when all the cylinders had coolant in them, there is a high possibility that it was not running at all as you say.
    And yes the battery is getting low hopefully it does not get too low, I can charge each cell but I have no way of charging the whole battery.