1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured ICE vs BEV pricing

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Marine Ray, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Marine Ray

Marine Ray Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Several good points in this recent article. One notable point for me - “Yes, the plug-in hybrids or all-electric vehicles do cost more, but typically what the automakers have done is stagger their pricing, so that the high-end, all-gasoline version will be not too much less than the entry-level electric version,” Klippenstein said. “Almost no one really buys the bare-bones combustion version. And realizing that there’s a higher price point, automakers tend to stuff in more features for hybrids.”

Where you live and how much you drive may decide if hybrids are worth the cost – Coast Mountain News

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    hard to compare, but in many cases, prime is cheaper than lift back

salyavin, alanclarkeau and Marine Ray like this.
  3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    In 2001, we passed on getting a Prius because it had the map display but lacked cruise control. Car bling instead of car function. Skip to 2005 and we bought a used, 2003 Prius with cruise control and no map.

Stuffing 'car bling' into an EVs is one way manufacturers claim a higher price. So I was not surprised to see enthusiastic reviews over the knobs and whistles in the I-Pace, etron, and Taycan . . . and the Taycan range comes in at 201 miles (voluntarily reduced from 202 miles.)

Bob Wilson

Marine Ray likes this.