1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Icon comes to an end

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by drash, Jul 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. telmo744

telmo744 HSD fanatic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, as I said we can hypermile any Prius in any commute, while in a regular combustion car city and traffic routes are a burden to consumption.

Wait, what am I talking about? Fuelly results are better for the Prius, while EPA is worse (even 6 years apart, same metrics?).
    It's a fact.;)

2. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Driver willing to do the effort can still hypermile to reduce consumption with any car under those conditions. Being easier to do in hybrid doesn't mean other cars can't.

Huh? The per year averages I'm seeing at Fuelly for the Prius are less than the EPA combined mpg.
    Toyota Prius MPG - Actual MPG from 8,650 Toyota Prius owners
    Don't know how the 2019 got 0.0mpgo_O

fuzzy1 likes this.
  3. telmo744

telmo744 HSD fanatic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you read carefully, my sentence was about 1 gen Prii in comparing with the Honda.

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The EPA combined mpg for the gen1 is 41mpg. The 2001, 2002, and 2003 results on Fuelly are 39.1, 40.2, and 42.2.

For the Civic VX, it is 40 or 43 mpg, depending on whether the car is equipped with a shift indicator light. Assuming Fuelly doesn't have an error in sorting cars, the VX year averages are 38.7, 40.9, 41.9, and 45.1.
    Honda Civic VX MPG - Actual MPG from 47 Honda Civic VX owners
    The important difference between the two mpg values is that one is CARB emissions, and the other federal. The 40mpg is likely CARB, as it didn't allow the full lean burn ability, but can't confirm through Fueleconomy.gov. Fuelly doesn't allow that degree of filtering.

Those figures should be adjusted to be comparable to current models.

5. Fart

Fart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I always thought the small BMW electric cars were so cool and futuristic. I always wanted one but it was such a small car I couldn't do it.

drash likes this.
  6. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wanted it specifically because it was small and manueverable. Loved the looks, but hated the price and wasn’t too thrilled with it being rear wheel drive for our winters or the differing wheel sizes between front and back. The Prius Prime beat it with its heated steering wheel, price, utility, (normal) front wheel drive and being made by Toyota. Still look at used i3s from time-to-time.

iPad ? Pro