1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ideas to overcome Customer Dissatisfaction?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ks74, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ks74

ks74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi there Friends.

I haven't searched the forums to see if this has already been discussed, but will. Just want to get this question out as soon as possible.

I paid cash for a 2010 Prius IV on December 21, 2009.

Evidently, I'm not very worried about the recall. I'm still driving the car (with my 3 year-old daughter as a passenger) and just now scheduled the service appointment.

But, I'm not "happy" driving this Prius anymore. I'd felt great about the purchase, but now I'm feeling a bit crummy about the car, Toyota, where my money went, etc. I'm also annoyed that I've now essentially "overpaid" for it, now that there are all of these wonderful deals.

I'm not sure what I want, but I want the dealership to do something to make me feel better. Sniffle, sniffle, could you hand me a tissue? I know I probably sound like a child.

Carmax has some sort of 60 day return policy in my state. I bought this Prius about 70 days ago. Is there something I should be asking for? When I asked my salesperson about this today, he really didn't have anything to say except that the media is a bunch of monsters.

I probably wouldn't care so much if I hadn't paid cash.

Thanks for any thoughts you can share.

Take care.

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I expect this thread is going to get moved since this is the news forum. But I'll be glad to give you my thoughts.

I bought my car in August and paid full sticker price, about $33K, cash just as you did. I knew at the time if I waited 6 or 8 months the price might go down unless gas prices went up. I went in to it with my eyes open and I have no regrets. It was worth it to me because I got to use the new Prius for my vacation travel last September. I have had a few problems but nothing serious, rattles which I'm trying to find myself and still working on, a couple of things out of adjustment which I fixed myself. I consider the 10K mile OCI a big plus.

In your case why are you unhappy, do you like the car? I think the Toyota Corp. will fix itself and be back on top again. The only recall on this car is the brake ECU reflash and that was voluntary and although it is listed as a safety recall it's not really a safety issue, just a brake pedal feel issue. I think you are right to have no safety concerns. Do you have a problem with your dealer, if so maybe you could find another one to service your Prius. You bought it over two months ago so it's a bit late for buyers remorse. :)

I kind of agree with your salesman, the news media has been pretty ugly over this .

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So you are unhappy because the price dropped after you made your purchase? If so, that's a pretty common consumer problem: "You pays your money and takes your chances."

Tom

4. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Its probably like me, toyota knew the issues when we bought our cars, and its actions made the values drop quickly. If it was a stock, there might be a recourse, but with these cars its buyer beware. There is no law saying a car manufacturer needs to tell purchasers about known problems. There is also the fact that some of us wanted to reward toyota for good behavior, but now we have given it money and learned about bad behavior.

Your money is lost, write it off, there is nothing you can do. If you sell the car and buy another you will lose more money, and will not hurt Toyota's profitability. To me, this makes me a little mad, but life is too short. Some people have much worse problems than paying to much for a car.

5. halfmoonray

halfmoonray New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    After I buy a car, I don't look back...I'm too busy enjoying it. Every car is a losing proposition financially---so it must be something you really like to drive. I haven't had a car I did not like to drive that is the first think that goes into the research before purchasing. I was still attached to my volvo when I sold it and I love the performance and quality of my BMW. I am currently seriously thinking of getting a 2010 prius and building up reasons for myself why I should get one. My first reason is I think it's a sexy car and secondly I think the technology is going to help me slow down and pay attention to the environment which is more in synch with what I like. So my suggestion is to look at reasons why you bought it. If those reasons don't apply anymore....sell it! and get what you want---life is too short.

6. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So you bought a new car and now the excitement of having a new car is gone. The honeymoon is over and now you are feeling depressed. It's not your fault, its Toyota's fault that you are feeling depressed.

Sounds like you are about as immature as your 3 year old. Grow up!

Keith

7. hitechboy

hitechboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is an easy way out for Toyota. Give an extra 3 years comprehensive warranty to every customer that are subject to a recall. Since people always say that Toyota run forever without a single problem. This extended warranty probably cost Toyota nothing. It'll buy a lot of satisfaction.

8. toyolover

toyolover Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    What you are experiencing is normal consumer psychology states. Even if you paid a much cheaper price, you'd still feel the same. This is called purchase remorse- wondering if you had paid the right price or made the right decision. The next step you'd experience is peer acknowledgement which validate your spending. What I'd suggest is to understand all the technologies behind this wonderful vehicle. Show it to your friends and explain to them of what you know about the technologies Toyota put into this machine. Once you have the acknowledgement from your friends, you will feel your money was well spent. (To be honest, even if you don't, there is nothing you can do about it. So you may as well enjoy the ride.) :)

1 person likes this.
  9. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Because it wouldn't be PriusChat without blaming/insulting the owner. :eek:hwell: At least it's just a financial loss...

10. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    What wrong with the car? Why are you not happy driving the car?

11. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    But that won't sell new cars. Toyota needs to get the sales engine going. Otherwise, it is time for a down-sizing exercise.