1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Identify Prius V part please!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ElbertR, May 28, 2021.

1. ElbertR

ElbertR New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yesterday I noticed a round, black, hard rubber object hanging from chassis of my 2014 Prius V. It was hanging behind and near the front passenger side tire. I examined the object and saw that it was connected to car by a bent strip of metal attached to the front passenger door frame. I easily detached object from metal strip. There were no markings on the object indicating it was a Toyota part or anything else. I'm attaching 2 photos of object. Is this a part from the car or is it something the car picked up on the road somehow? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I don’t think the object in the photos is a part of the car. It looks like it might be a rubber block (pad) that’s used with a jack or vehicle lift, so the car can be raised without damaging the pinch-weld seams on the body.

If the car has been in a shop recently, perhaps it came from there; otherwise, I’d wonder if someone was trying to raise the car to steal its catalytic converter. (Have you checked the catalytic converter lately?)

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. ElbertR

ElbertR New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for response. I took the Prius in for a state safety inspection the day before discovering the rubber object. So your guess that it might've been picked up in the service bay during the inspection now seems plausible -- and a relief to me! Thanks again.