1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Identifying JBL vs non-JBL

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by caseyf75, Feb 20, 2017.

1. caseyf75

caseyf75 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Apologies as I'm sure this is somewhere on this forum already, but I haven't been able to find it...

I am unsure how to identify if I have the JBL or non-JBL audio system? I have a 2006 with the base package - no AUX audio port, no CD changer, no NAV. I would therefore assume I do not have the JBL system, but I've read various posts that confuse me on the number of speakers I should have. I have one speaker in each of the lower doors and small tweeters on the front door window A frame, but these last ones don't put out much if any sound. As far as I know I don't have any other speakers. Am I correct that I have the non-JBL system?

Thanks

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's correct.

JBL audio systems will have a small "JBL" logo on the door-mounted tweeters near the A-pillar. It also has a 9-speaker audio system (so it adds two tweeters to the upper part of the rear doors and a centre mono speaker above the 7" LCD MFD).

JBL audio systems for 2006 add a 6-disc CD changer and an AUX jack.

3. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    but the jbl system kinda sucks, and so does the nav, so you ain't missing much.

4. caseyf75

caseyf75 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Ok, thanks. I really didn't think I had it, now I'm sure!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Tideland Prius likes this.