1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If a Dealer can't match they just don't call back?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Atarrin, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Atarrin

Atarrin New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So I got a solid quote from a dealer, but was trying to see if any of my local dealerships could beat it. Spoke with and/or e-mailed a few dealers. They all promised to get back to me ASAP, and then none of them did. Is this normal? If dealers can't beat/match they don't bother to call you back? Struck me as very unprofessional.

I just wondered if this is normal or if it's fair of me to hold it against them.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    probably, how much time have you given them? what about car dealership's do you consider to be professional? professional thieves maybe. you're free to hold it against them, not sure what good it's going to do you. you got a solid offer, go with it.

PriusCamper likes this.
  3. JAYSONE

JAYSONE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Same experience here, except I included a limited number of dealers in my price proposals inquiry and stated I would only purchase from those that agreed to purchase from the start.

A couple were straight up and said they couldn't match it, a few stated they would match the lowest price but I had a hard time getting a hold of them to follow up and/or wanted "proof" of the quote and the rest never responded back via emails or after leaving voicemails.

I ended up going with the dealer that had the best counter offer off the initial lowest quotes. Funny thing is some of them followed up after the date I stated I would purchase my vehicle; their loss for my business.

Just a tip...when reviewing your quotes, make sure you ask for the total OTD cost. One dealer had a very competitive bid but the OTD price was inflated due to dealer-installed options (that I did not want); so his low quote wasn't as great as it initially seemed.

SurfersPrius likes this.
  4. spower

spower New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  5. Gun owning Prius driver

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I drove 2.5 hours to a toyota dealer that i had been approved for over the phone when i got there the lady who "pre approved" ( my income was cash basis and no bank account all which was explained before driving there) me was acting nervous snd kinda giving the run around on things so iasked when can we start the paper work. She kept saying let me tLk to my financial manager one second. Finally 5 hours later she offered to put gas in my tank and that was the last i heard of thAt dealer. I ended up buying at toyota of garden grove.