1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If Bush is a liar then . . .

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Mar 23, 2006.

1. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "He took extra measures to prevent that and all the whiles the democrats were wanting him to slow down and jump through hoops that they could control that would only give terroists a chance. "

Windstrings,

I hope you didn't mean that the way it came out because I find it Very Insulting! To me, you are insinuating thet we Democrats somehow want to give the terrorists an even break, well I have news for you,NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH! And, if you think we Democrats are somehow soft on terrorism, could you explain the actions of the congressional Republicans who whenever Clinton had OBL in his sights and seek authority to take him out would be hollering "Wag the dog, Blue dress, Whitewater..."

And while your're at it, why don't you check out the military records of the congressmen of both parties, see for yourself who has shed more blood for their country. Then could you explain why the returning vets from (and I'll call it what it is), Bushes oil war, are in significant numbers running for public office, largely as DEMOCRATS!

And one other thing, we do love our country and what it stands for. The foundation of what it stands for is its constitution. When someone decides to ignore that constitution, be him president or pauper, he must pay the consequences. Clinton was impeched because he lied to congress about something congress had no damn business asking, a personal matter of marital infidelity. Bush has lied to congress, and the american people about: 9/11, Iraq's WMD, Katrina (they have that one on videotape), and who knows what else. Then he seems to actually dispise the constitution of our country, only pays any attention to it if it is convienient. So why isn't he being impeched?

2. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Betelgeuse @ Mar 27 2006, 07:45 PM) [snapback]231109[/snapback]</div>
    It wasn't a near landslide - it was a tsunami!!
    Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the most recent Presidential election:

Population of counties won by:
    Gore = 127 million
    Bush = 143 million

Square miles of land won by:
    Gore = 580,000
    Bush = 2,2427,000

States won by:
    Gore = 19
    Bush = 29

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
    Gore = 13.2
    Bush = 2.1

Professor Olson adds:

"In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the tax-paying citizens of this great country. Gore's territory encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off government welfare . . ."

3. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 1 2006, 12:44 PM) [snapback]233401[/snapback]</div>
    Windstrings - What you have said here is very profound. I personally have noticed that the big complainers are usually those who have never held any position of leadership in their lives. It is sooo easy to critisize. I think Bush is doing an outstanding job! Of course the left or anyone else for that matter can second guess all day long. They don't understand it and never will get it. But I do believe they are doing this country great harm. I know, I know, decent is the highest form of patriotism - yea right. During war? You know Tokyo Roses constant message to demoralize our troops. Your leaders lied - the war is illegal - you cannot win. Sounds just like Teddy and the boys.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hybridTHEvibe @ Mar 25 2006, 12:04 PM) [snapback]230018[/snapback]</div>
    No, Wildkow is right on!! and just who are you???

4. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Apr 2 2006, 07:10 PM) [snapback]233973[/snapback]</div>
    Most people are not extreme democrats or republicans... but thats the parties... anytime we try to deal in absolutes there will be disagreements and misunderstandings.....

And we all see it from a different angle based on what we have learned to trust and understand....

I respect your point of view even though I may not agree...

There have been democrats in the past that have done some great things... just the ones lately are pretty lame.

5. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imntacrook @ Apr 2 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]234022[/snapback]</div>

Well it is amusing "or sad" indeed how some can see the same thing so different... its scary!!!

I realize when I speak out, we are greatly outnumbered by the vocal ones on this forum .. but on a national level we are greatly supported. I expect since we have 11000 members, only a small fraction stir the mud.

There are alot of complex reasons people vote for who they do..... true... it only takes an opinion to vote... it doesn't take education, experience, insight, understanding, or a value system that upholds society and family fabric.

Based on what I see on the news and on TV, I am really concerned about the state of our union.... there is some really twisted thinking out there now that prevails... thinking that only cares about the one rather than the many. And they are trying thier best at getting voted into office. Most votes are about the one "self" rather than the big picture.

When I see movies like "Brokecrack Mountain" promoted even though it was a flop.. that only tells me that big money promotes this type of thinking.... I am greatly saddened for the moral state on our voting values....... Good is bad and bad is good..... right is wrong and wrong is right, up is down and down is up..........

If we don't wake up and start voteing our of our good senses and heart instead of our party mentality.. our children may be serving the likes of Saddam someday.

6. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hybridTHEvibe @ Apr 2 2006, 07:08 PM) [snapback]233971[/snapback]</div>
    If Rush wasn't a great thinker he would have never made it so far.... If you read my posts about Rush instead of twisting what I said, you will see how I admit his later years has missed it as he has diverted from genuine topics of passion and heart to anything that evokes emotion and disagreement....
    Anything that strikes conversation makes money, whether its right or wrong.... Rush has had his day, but he's tired...... True he is very controversial and many may not agree with him, but he is definately a thinker... he slices and dices and thinks out of the box..... but that too is a point of disagreement as you may not see what I see....... I'm not offended.... just amused.

It takes a few decades of life to start seeing the trend as the lazy susan as it rolls around again.....

But this thread is not about Rush..... but about Bush..... I don't see Bush as a thinker per se, but he has conviction and a passion for life and love for the family unit of our culture..... something alot of people have lost.

7. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 3 2006, 02:20 AM) [snapback]234045[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks dude, and I also respect your viewpoint.

It's been the problem all too much in politics of late, there are too many who want to portray the opposite side as absolute evel, this accomplishes nothing. Progress is made when two opposing viewpoints are discussed by rational people who are willing to reach a compromise for the greater good.
    Besides, it would be pretty boring if everyone thought alike...

8. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Apr 3 2006, 09:14 AM) [snapback]234146[/snapback]</div>

Thats the only way they have a chance to win "they think"..
    I noticed when they ran against Bush... they never took an idea that was even close to in agreeance with him, but only talked about opposite poles.

When the president is already in power, to take a viewpoint thats close to the same as the presidents, will fail, because people would rather stay with what they are comfortable with.... so its a bad tactic.

Instead they talk opposite.. "even if they truely don't intend to do it: because they know thier only chance is to pull out all the votes of those on the bad end of the stick of present admininstration..

Thats why they catered to the sand a song for the those who don't participate much in building society but rather take from it... they catered to the extremist, those who feel under the persecution of government rather than with it.

All those without jobs, poor can't ever seem to get on top, impoverished, mistreated, abused etc etc.... they sweet talked them trying to win votes.

Meanwhile those who take that stand only see the other side as big business crushing the world and them and they need to be stopped is thier motto.

Well its a balance of both.. big business "is" greedy and needs to be harnessed, but the problem with democrat republican thing is no side is truely honest and will admit that they both have good to contribute and bad that needs to be removed.....

Its like a boxing match... the game is only good if the opponents are polarized against each other... they don't want both sides to be freinds and work together...
    Its either them or us.... whey don't we just wipe out both parties and start over?

Time for a new game.... this one has gone on long enough.

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Apr 2 2006, 07:10 PM) [snapback]233973[/snapback]</div>
    Got any proof for these assertations ;) ?

10. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Mar 23 2006, 09:42 PM) [snapback]229315[/snapback]</div>
    Eric you're boring us with your conspiracy theories and secret reports. Who exactly are you trying to "get"

11. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Apr 3 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]234395[/snapback]</div>

Why bother, you just look at any proof and dismiss it as liberal bias, regardless of the source. But on the other hand you consider faux news to be absolute bible truth. I could tell you to pull your head out of the sand, but you wouldn't believe it's sand unless someone from the RNC told you it was.

12. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Apr 5 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]235449[/snapback]</div>
    I'll take and consider something from the major media outlets but not from the opinion page. Otherwise your creditibility just slipped a notch. :(

Wildkow

13. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 1 2006, 09:36 PM) [snapback]233663[/snapback]</div>
    Know the man personally do you? What you are seeing is an ILLUSION. Just like what you see in a movie...it's being created to suspend disbelief. With Bush...there's a LOT to suspend.

14. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BellBoy @ Apr 11 2006, 02:33 PM) [snapback]238103[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, and I guess you know him personally enough to say that's NOT the case? :D

15. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 11 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]238106[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know the man, nor do I ever want to...perhaps you need to remove your RNC-approved, rose-colored eyewear and see things for what they are.

16. hybridTHEvibe

hybridTHEvibe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 11 2006, 02:37 PM) [snapback]238106[/snapback]</div>
    a looney defending a looney, hilarious

17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Standing Ovation for Windstrings!!!!!!! Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap!!!! :D :D :D

The Seagulls want proof.. :blink:
    [attachmentid=2931]

Per the gulls its our fault in Fla those darn hanging chads :lol:

18. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hybridTHEvibrator @ Apr 11 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]238131[/snapback]</div>
    Yet somehow he's President, and you're NOT. :p

19. hybridTHEvibe

hybridTHEvibe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 11 2006, 04:15 PM) [snapback]238163[/snapback]</div>
    Windstrings is a President??? You are an idiot

20. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hybridTHEvibe @ Apr 11 2006, 05:35 PM) [snapback]238231[/snapback]</div>
    That's a big personal there isn't it?

BOY!

:lol: