1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If Democrats Don't Win this November...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Alnilam, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Would the dead-eye predictors of the past few weeks like to step forward and once again give us some idea of what the future holds?

It was just announced that Rumsfeld is resigning. That saves you one wrong guess.

2. VinceDee

VinceDee Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Nov 8 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]345592[/snapback]</div>
    Wait a minute! That's not possible, Bush said "Rummy, you're doing a great job" and that he was staying with Rumsfeld no matter what. I'm sure he wouldn't back out on his "word"

Vince

3. EricGo

EricGo New Member

That is not the way repubs do things. The shrub will tearfully accept rummy's resignation, and tell his followers (wife and dog) that he supports rummy all the way, feels it is a great loss, but respects his wish to do other great things for America.

Spin baby, spin. And lie too, but who is going to know or care ?

4. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 8 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]345620[/snapback]</div>
    I'm afraid you're right...
    [sigh]

But when it's all said and done at least his influence has been removed from close proximity to the President. Honestly, I really don't think his ideas about the architecture of a 21st Century military make a ton of sense (at least to this layperson) and he appears to be this odd mix of bureaucrat and hawk but not really a true solider at heart or by training (and I mean that in a very, very, very honorable way).

Regardless about what you think of the man, from a 'functionalist' standpoint he seemed to me to be part of the problem, not the solution.