1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If I buy android head unit plug and play, can you build in road cam?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by knix6, Jul 6, 2019.

1. knix6

knix6 2013 4, 7/19 2011 prius 2

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    most of the android units have more than one camera in. Would it be easy, or is it obvious that you could do this and I am not reading it in the features.

I have read through the forums and I cant seem to find an answer to this question. We are becoming a 2 prius household and the new 2011 we are getting has no back up camera, or nav, or bluetooth. It looks like If i buy a unit that is made for prius without premium sound, it comes with all the connections, to plug and play the radio with me having to run a wire for the camera and navigation.

I almost feel like i am being too greedy to think that i could plug in a front facing camera and have it all in one unit.
    I cant link it but here is the title of the amazon ad
    XTRONS 8 Inch HD Digital Touch Screen Car Stereo Radio in-Dash DVD Player with GPS Dual Channel CANbus Screen Mirroring Function for Toyota Prius 2009-2013
    . Clearly I am on a budget as we are buying used cars v new ones. Any suggestions on better units would be welcome as well

#1 knix6, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019