1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If I could change one thing about the Prius it would be.....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dzitlow, Jul 22, 2005.

1. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I can't believe no one has yet mentioned the night-time instrument reflection on the windshield directly at eye level.

While it can be reduced significantly by dimming the instrument cluster to its lowest level (right before it goes completely black), it's still there.

2. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Better headlights, especially on high beams, fogs that do SOMETHING,
    Audio input on the dash so that you can mount i-pod or sirius somewhere except the center arm rest. Second the center arm rest needs padding, as well as door arm rests. Different cloth on the seats doors ect. shows way too much dirt. Removable rear seats, heated wipers/windshield like the Subaru has. I guess that is more than one,,,

With all these complaints, I still love the car.

3. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I fixed this by gluing some flat black foam on the dash, just aft of the window that projects the instrumentation up to its mirror.

4. partipilo

partipilo Weirdo

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    100 percent - get rid of the disabling of mp3 cd folder view if you are moving.

5. bardgal

bardgal Prius Koolaidâ„¢ drinker

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I second that! My man is 6'3" and he cannot sit in the car comfortably. He's either too far away from the steering wheel, or hunched over to reach it.
    :huh:

6. bardgal

bardgal Prius Koolaidâ„¢ drinker

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I rented a 2007 Prius and noticed this. In fact, I had to turn the console off to avoid it. However, in my new 2008 the problem is non-existent. Not sure what they changed....

7. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Real instrumentation, simular to the ScanGage; EV switch as standard; larger capacity main battery. OK so that's three. :eek:

8. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Toletiquesbysam

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes, I agree with you completely!! It does not bother my DH when he drives-so maybe because of the height difference other people don't have the same problem!

9. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Toletiquesbysam

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We have a 2008 so it's not been changed. Next time it happens I'll try changing the seat position to see if that removes it. Otherwise I'll just have to put up with it!

10. nyprius

nyprius Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Re: If I could change one thing about the Prius it would be.

When I bought my Prius, I read on PC that Cingular works better with the Prius Bluetooth. So I quit Verizon wireless and got a motorola phone with cingular service. Every time I called someone or they called me, there was a three second delay. People would get a call, then hear no one on the line for three seconds. I figured the problem was with the car.

Then I switched back to Verizon wireless and got an LG phone. Now the system works perfectly. There is no delay.

I think the idea that Cingular works better with the Prius might have been a put on PC by Cingular. Of course I have no proof of this though. From my experience, Cingular had problems. Maybe that's why AT&T discontinued the use of the name Cingular. It might have had a poor quality reputation with too many people.

Also, the Motorola phone I got was the worst I ever had. There was a long delay on every function. And the manual was an embarrassment. Many functions of the phone were not even discussed in it. Clearly the manual was rushed through without proof reading. Maybe these types of problems are why Motorola is considering selling its phone division.

11. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    First thing to change: Windshield Wipers and Arms-motion Layout.

For a tech advanced car like the Prius with a big windshield, I can't believe the Wipers department is so 'old-school'......still with the framed wiper blades and conventional wiping motion?

Look at the new HONDA CIVIC, it has better wipers technology and frameless blades too. This is what a Prius should have!

12. Winston

Winston Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    1. Ability to read MP3 song titles when moving. The fact that you cant read the names of the 10 albums that I have on each disc while moving makes the system nearly useless.

2. A button on the MFD that brings up some reasonable instrumentation. I would love a screen that shows; tachometer, coolant temp, mpg, battery voltage, engine vacuum. It would be so simple.

3. Better seats. I dont necessarily think they need to have electric adjustments, just better adjustments. Especially seat height and telescoping steering wheel.

4. An equalizer driven by the MFD that has more than just bass, mid and treble.

Oh, and I absolutely love the SKS system. I have mine set to open all doors when I touch the drivers door, since high security is not really an issue for me. To me, the SKS system is the best option EVAR! Obviously, I use it every time I drive the car, and it makes it so much more convenient that I never have to touch the key. All you people that think you don't need it, dont know what you are missing. Kind of like people that used to buy TVs and thought it was not worth the money to buy a remote control for it. Soon, no one will be able to live without their SKS system.

13. Habu

Habu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Heated mirrors - we don't even get them on the top of the range Prius

Better lumber support on the seats

A switch on the glovebox light so it's not on all of the time as I can see it at night when I'm driving:mad:

Alloy wheels that look like alloys and not alloys covered with plastic

An accessory point in the boot.

That'll do for now:)

14. John CCP

John CCP New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Heated mirrors - we don't even get them on the top of the range Prius

That's odd. My 2006, package#8, has heated mirrors. Maybe the British version had that deleted?

15. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  16. Li-Ralph

Li-Ralph New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Heating in seats and head light washers.

17. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought the same. I think hospitals have green curtains around beds have because of this.

18. wesshaw1@mac.com

[email protected] '08,pkg3,GPS,ScanGaugeII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've had my 08 Prius for only a short time -- 3,000± miles. I love the car and "enjoy" driving for the first time in years, given the driving time passed with the computer and 'discovering' things about coasting, and heaters, and tire pressure and bumping that mpg by two or three± that (just now finding this Prius chat site) I've now discovered is very 'old' news... In any event, I found your note on the lack of padding on the center and door armrests interesting... While there's not much I can "wish" for with this great little car, my 67-year old arthritic elbows would be less painful with better padded rests. Other wishes would be for better rear visibility (but presume that view-splitting horizontal bar supporting the glass and spoiler precludes this...). Lastly, additional gauges—available, perhaps, via the center screen—showing water temp, voltage, oil pressure, inside cabin temp. would be a nice 'old fashioned' addition....! --Without having to spring for a ScanGauge II and more 'dangling' wires and gauges to secure with velcro that 'unglues' periodically! ---Again, I'll find workarounds and am extremely happy with this, for me, pricey car. It's like piloting one of my boats in heavy fog and/or like flying a plane. The Prius driving experience gives one so much to 'occupy' and involve one's ageing mind! ( : >)

19. MaxLegroom

MaxLegroom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    First thought is that they could have moved parts of the MFD displays into a heads up display. I'd like not having to look away from the road to see things that are on it. A moonroof would be nice. So would some sort of stability in crosswinds, especially at interstate speeds. Speaking of interstate speeds, I'd like fuel economy that didn't dwindle so quickly on the interstate.

Finally, I could have dealt better with a coupe Prius that drove more like a real sports coupe.

20. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Must just be the US model, my Australian version has a squared wiper path for the passenger side through a linkage under a huge cover on the centre most wiper arm. Current models also have low profile frame-less blades. (not my 2004).
    I believe UK gets the same wiper setup.

Nyprius, I would be surprised if Motorola could give away its mobile phone division, I will never buy a Motorola phone as they have proven to be total crap. I have had 2 digital Motorola's which have failed both in and just out of warranty, the only other Motorola phone I had was back in analog days, that was a good phone but a battery life of 8 hours standby and the battery was bigger than my current phone.