1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If my posts are a little incoherent...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by efusco, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Please stop feeling sorry for Evan so he can get back to his Moderator duties. Don't make me pull out the whip again, Evan!

Seriously, though, I hope your recovery is speedy and as painless as possible.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks again. I'm doing fine. Hurts to move sometimes, but I'm up and about. Catching up on Lost on the DVR, growing roots into my laptop, helping my wife with her Ebay projects, etc. Looks like I'm done w/ the narcotics. (Yes Daniel, Tylenol w/Codiene is T3 (there's also Tylenol #2, & #4). I have almost no pain except when I move and I feel much more clear headed and healthy w/o the narcs.

3. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Evan, I hear it on good authority the best therapy for recovery is a few days 'gone fishin'. It's the sportsman's narcotic and doesn't constipate, tho may have a propensity toward exaggerating...'You won't believe it, the one that got away was THIS big...'

4. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm a big fan of Ibuprofen. I hope that it continues to help you out.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Apr 13 2007, 08:42 AM) [snapback]422659[/snapback]</div>
    That's no reason to stop taking narcotics. :D

6. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Apr 13 2007, 10:42 AM) [snapback]422659[/snapback]</div>
    Glad to hear your pain has subsided and that you're feeling better. But, of course, after having admitted being clear headed, you have officially lost your excuse for moving posts from one forum to another and then back again for no apparent reason. :lol:

Oh well..... ;)

7. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Apr 13 2007, 09:42 AM) [snapback]422659[/snapback]</div>
    Glad to hear your keeping the lower part of Missouri up in the Narcotics group, lets not see you on a rerun of "cops" ..lol :)

Hope the healing goes well, take care

8. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

I'd recommend trying some other meds. Do you have medical marijuana in Missouri?

9. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 13 2007, 07:48 PM) [snapback]423071[/snapback]</div>
    I think thats California's Deal they have an arrangment with the local government and the Feds
    so it's legal but in a stalemate situation there.

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the more i learn about drugs... the less i want anything to do with any of em unless necessary. but if i've got a reason for having a prescription painkiller... i'll take it if there aren't any nasty side effects.

my personal painkiller of choice is vicodin, from when i had a bad back injury. codeine at recommended doses doesn't do anything for me at all.

ahh, pharmacogenetics. :)

11. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Apr 13 2007, 10:25 PM) [snapback]423153[/snapback]</div>
    Depending on the authority you're listening to, 10 to 30% of the general population don't have enough CYP2D6 activity to turn codeine into morphine... it's a nearly useless painkiller that I only prescribe if I'm trying to inflict nausea on someone, or else to do nothing (ie, I don't prescribe it)...

12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Apr 13 2007, 10:25 PM) [snapback]423153[/snapback]</div>
    I agree with you. Other than aspirin or Tylenol for a headache, no at-home painkiller has ever helped me. (Ibuprofin and Aleve just trade the headache for a stomach ache.) But I have to say the morphine they gave me in the hospital was awfully nice.

My mother is suffering from sciatica, and has finally found that she gets a great deal of relief by taking Vicodin with Ibuprofin. But to reduce the liklihood of developing tolerance, she only takes one dose in the morning.

13. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Apr 14 2007, 01:25 AM) [snapback]423153[/snapback]</div>
    I prefer Vicodin, too. I have had ~15 surgeries in my lifetime, from tonsils,to c-section, to ruptured disc in my neck(c3-4). Vicodin always works for me. Percocet does nothing except make me nauseaus. Last fall I had a 10 cm fallopian tube removed :rolleyes: and they gave me percocet after they stopped the morphine. Did nothing except make me throw up and earn me an extra day in the hospital because of it.

Versed is also wonderful. I have had that prior to most of my surgeries. This past Christmas I had my gallbladder removed and they did not give me Versed. I was terrified and it was the worst feeling to lay on the operating table, looking up at the lights and have my arms strapped down. I am sure that has happened with every other surgery I have had, but I didn't remember it because of the Versed. Hopefully I won't need surgery again but if I do, I will make sure to request the Versed pre op.

14. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Apr 13 2007, 08:11 AM) [snapback]422619[/snapback]</div>
    It also helps if you just let the little guy alone for awhile and let him rest! :p

Kow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 13 2007, 08:27 AM) [snapback]422637[/snapback]</div>
    That was probably the Versed, great stuff. :p

Unfortunately I am allergic to morphine even the synthetic kind. However, the one time I did try the synthetic, for a broken pelvis which was very painful, I could have danced all night. [attachmentid=7521]

Wildkow

Attached Files: