1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If you could own any color Prius...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusham, May 4, 2005.

?
  1. Super White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Millennium Silver Metallic

50.0%
  3. Driftwood Pearl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Salsa Red Pearl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tideland Pearl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Seaside Pearl

50.0%
  7. Black

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My issue with Prius color offerings isn't exterior colors, but interior colors. Give me a break. Toyota is only offering gray and brown, and on top of that the required color combinations on some of the exterior colors is terrible. Seaside with brown? Not a good combination. Seaside with gray would be much better. Seaside with blue would be best. Seaside with red would be striking. The point of this is that the exterior colors are just fine, but the interior colors leave a lot to be desired.

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

3. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Too bad you guys keep picking on the white so much. Even though it wouldn't have been my first choice for exterior color either (although it is the one I ended up buying), it does pretty much fit the "clean" image of the Prius.

- Bill

4. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    my sentiments too, gschoen. Those paint chips at the dealer don't do the colors justice till you actually see it on a car. Salsa was my first choice at the time I placed my order, but had I seen a Tideland car out in the daylight, I probably would have reconsidered.

5. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse\";p=\"87169)</div>
    Same here except for the Navigator I traded for my Prius. The Nav had leather but was a light tan color which I absolutely hated. Given a choice, I'll opt for silver paint with a black interior every time.

Anyway, it appears as if Toyota reserves the dark, particularly black, interior colors for a few Lexus models. I'm not aware of a Toyota model with a black interior other than the MR2.

6. NCNyrk

NCNyrk New Member

How about Screaming Solar Yellow? Maybe a Royal Blue interior? I'd snap one up in a heartbeat! I am colorblind, so this combo might not appeal to the multitudes...

I was kind of surprised by the relatively boring color palette that was used for the Prius. With many Prius owners being a little on the cutting edge, I'd love to see some more adventurous colors.

7. dontcheff

dontcheff New Member

I think Prius is meant to be black. The car looks most fabulous in black!

8. dreichla

dreichla New Member

We've been waiting for months for our Black Package 6 Prius with a gray interior.

We could have been driving one months ago if we accepted dealer offers to pick the one that was rejected by the buyers higher up on the list than us.

This has been such a contentious issue between my wife and me (I'd probably settle for ANY color just to get a Prius). My wife doesn't care about the exterior - just that it's gray inside.

So - in order to avoid divorce court, I decided to stick to my guns and wait it out. Completely my decision!

The good news is we've found a dealer in a different state who found the exact one - and we pick it up next weekend.

Happy marriage - great looking car - what could be better?

9. bookrats

bookrats New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dreichla\";p=\"87266)</div>
    Congratulations -- and kudos on your patience! Hope everything goes smoothly, and you have a great weekend getting to know your Prius Noir.

10. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

There's a dark blue? WOW! I would love a dark blue Prius... the Seaside blue is quite nice too. Also, VW has a really nice silver blue... so to answer the question, BLUE!

11. bookrats

bookrats New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(heliotropehead\";p=\"87285)</div>
    Yup... sold on Japanese Prii (and now European, I think.)

If they do add new colors to the US 2006 Prii, I think you can bet grocery money on dark blue.

12. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

I don't quite agree that the Seaside Pearl shade of light blue is close to a robin's egg. I have robin's eggs up to here in my neighborhood and it's just different.

To me, the Seaside Pearl shade reminds me of a basic blue denim color. That may sound circular, considering how many shades of denim there are now (with and without dirt), but I think of the Prius color as "blue jean" and so the interior goes well with it, again in my opinion.

Calling the whole interior "brown" or "gray" or even "grey" misses the point of the light/dark interior colors I have come to enjoy. The word ivory was (ecological considerations aside) well chosen for the Prius interior.

13. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If it had been available I would have gone for a Super Bright eye melting YELLOW. VW used to have one called Cadmium yellow, or maybe like the Ferrari or Lambo yellos, but something REALLY Yellow, so as to distinguissh it from cabbie yellow which tends to be more muted.

14. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    Thank you all for responding to the poll.

No runaway "2nd Place" winner. Only poor Super White is obviously NOT the "second choice." And I think Super White is actually pretty sharp in person.

Maybe all color Prius are pretty. Except for Tideland <ducking> which doesn't do anything for me and was the very first color Prius I'd ever seen.

BTW, the poll is only for current owners, not wanabees, sorry.

15. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusham\";p=\"87346)</div>
    Too late...conditional not stated in advance. Vote already cast.

16. dontcheff

dontcheff New Member

I agree that Prius in bright yellow would be really cute.

17. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ltu1542hvy\";p=\"87160)</div>
    I absolutely second that. My ideal combination would have been the Seaside Perl with the gray interior, however since that is not offered I went with the white exterior, since the interior color was more important to me than the exterior.

- Bill[/b][/quote]

Same here! Everytime I see a Seaside I curse toyota for not giving it an optional gray interior. Then I could of had my perfect interior and exterior! :(

18. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse\";p=\"87368)</div>
    Well, the condition was, "other than what you already own," not, "want to own."

But I'm cool with your response because you have ordered a particular color. No problem.

Hope you don't wait much longer!

19. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    One thing I can take away from this poling is that there seems to be no breakaway dominant color preference for the Prius, and I think that's a good thing. It would be so boring if everyone concentrated on one color to the point it almost becomes cliche for the given car.

Case in point: I bought a charcoal grey S10 Blazer in 1987 early in the model year and it was the first time that Chevrolet offered anything like the color although that model had been produced for several years prior. At first, mine was a real stand out, because it was so unusual. But within a year, it seemed like that was the only color they were being produced in, it was that popular a color.

I'm actually glad that my #1 preferred color choice Tideland is not the most popular, and that it sounds like this will be the last year for the color.

20. aleccraig

aleccraig New Member

I want flames on the sides and of course I thing spinners would make the prius just soooo classy