1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If you could own any color Prius...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusham, May 4, 2005.

?
  1. Super White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Millennium Silver Metallic

50.0%
  3. Driftwood Pearl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Salsa Red Pearl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tideland Pearl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Seaside Pearl

50.0%
  7. Black

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Prolene

Prolene New Member

Results also depend upon what color people do actually own and enjoy. If 'Super White' were the majority (I know it is not) of the colors out there, the poll would have this as a less chosen color, etc..

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    That said:

I too am glad there is no breakaway dominant color . . . especially yellow! . . . but I do get a certain amount of gratification seeing that Salsa is leading the poll. :)

Here in Northern California, I see far fewer Salsa Prii than silver, green, blue, and white (in that order).
    Although, the psychology of red as a color for a Prius seems to be somewhat of an oxymoron (unless you are a member in good standing of Earth First) . . . I wonder if the results are an indication that your average Prii driver plays it safe (including with the environment), is worried about what others may think, and in their alter ego life would drive a red, yellow, or black car?

Red is soooo not a color I would normally pick for my car, but with the Prius it just made sense to me . . . along the same lines of me being a registered Republican AND Prius driver. *** Keep them guessing!

Article: The color that drives you

3. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    When I recently mentioned to a dealer that I would never buy a white car, he said, "we've never even seen a white Prius. They don't ship them to Connecticut."

4. Tyrilla

Tyrilla New Member

I am a brand new Prius owner, hardly figured out how to run the thing, but delighted with it.
    We waivered between the Tideland and the Salsa Red, finally decided on the Salsa.
    But I sure would have liked a different interior, dull, dull, dull.

5. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    Salsa takes a slight lead. Now I gotta wonder, "why?"

I'm a middle-aged guy, so I'm supposed to go nuts and buy a red car at this time of my life. But I always thought it would be more along the lines of a red S2000 :)

So a lot of Prius folks may have thought - oh no, I don't want a red car! Too garish! Yet, when you see the Salsa Pearl in person, and see how well the red reflectors on the rear lights go with the body color... it's pretty damn sharp.

But so are a lot of the other colors! That Tideland Pearl though... only a mother could love!

:)

6. reesdude

reesdude New Member

Although i own a super white, i must say black has got to be the most sweet color for a prius...when clean. and I dont know how driftwood got more votes than super white, its not that its a bad color, but I've never really liked cars a biege exterior

7. dontcheff

dontcheff New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reesdude\";p=\"89899)</div>
    After black, I like most the super white Prius (when clean :) )

8. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusham\";p=\"89898)</div>
    Salsa Red owners are a minority of purchasers, but tend to post on the several Prius forums, Yahoo, Priusonline, and this foremost forum.

So, do those who own the Salsa Red, are they more opinionated, outspoken, passionate? Do they naturally lead?

I ordered a Salsa Red, but the virginal snow white makes the car look bigger.

The Salsa Red makes the car look much smaller than the white, but it has a much more sporty look.

The green? Geeky, which is its main attraction for many.

I have yet to see a black Prius.

The Classic Prius colors were actually nicer pastels, in my opinion.

9. CitizenjaQ

CitizenjaQ New Member

The Salsa Red color is hardly even a red - I call it Wine. I love my Seaside Pearl, but Salsa Prii always make me go "Ooooooh..."

I wish Toyota's site more accurately represented the colors. They all look ghastly in their online configurator. My blue looks more like a drained, sickly turquoise.

10. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My friend who bought a Salsa Red 05 after me really wanted the Blue Ice color of the Gen 1 prius. I must say that color is much better than the blue currently available in the U.S.

11. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Robert Taylor\";p=\"89910)</div>
    The green? Geeky, which is its main attraction for many.[/b][/quote]
    Yup, definitely geeky. Saw it in person side by side with a Seaside Pearl. While the brochure and website seem to make them similar intensities, the Seaside was far brighter than I imagined, and the Tideland far more subtle.

Although, if I had the choice, my overriding first preference would be the dark blue with the charcoal interior that is available in Japan.

12. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse\";p=\"89950)</div>
    The green? Geeky, which is its main attraction for many.[/b][/quote]
    Yup, definitely geeky. Saw it in person side by side with a Seaside Pearl. While the brochure and website seem to make them similar intensities, the Seaside was far brighter than I imagined, and the Tideland far more subtle.

Although, if I had the choice, my overriding first preference would be the dark blue with the charcoal interior that is available in Japan.[/b][/quote]

Seldom have so many agreed over so little on this forum.

13. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If not for the problem of keeping it clean I would love a black car with tinted windows. Other than that School bus yellow is my favorite much to the horror of my wife.

14. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

I just realized that I have never seen the original Tideland on a G2 "in the wild" . I've seen it on the classic, though. Seen a lot of the '05 version, though. I like it much better. Still love my Salsa, though, I also like the Seaside a lot.

15. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kkister1492\";p=\"90101)</div>
    I don't believe that Tideland Pearl was available prior to 2004/G2.

Please refer to John's very handy color chart: http://john1701a.com/ under "Prius Info"..."Colors."

16. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

Well, whatever they called it, it was similar to the green offered on the 04. Maybe the Tideland is a little darker. Only saw it once at the dealer.

Okay, I've seen the Aqua Ice classic.

17. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Electric Green Mica?

18. dontcheff

dontcheff New Member

Prius in yellow might look nice?

19. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

AnOldHouse posted earlier comments referring to John's web site for an example of colors. When I went to pick up my Tideland Pearl, I was really unhappy and ended up with the Red Salsa even though it did not have leather. (Add later) It is hard to get a look at the color before buying. The color charts are really misleading on the Tideland Pearl and John's color display does nothing to aid this. Although his whole web site is wonderful. I would have probably ordered the blue which I think is beautiful after seeing one. But I am really glad I back-doored into the Red Salsa.

20. dontcheff

dontcheff New Member

Before I bought my Prius, Toyota gave me sample blocks with the real colors. The Internet pictures are quite different than the real stuff for most colors.