1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If you're interested to read: I had great vacations with my S !

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by kensiko, Aug 13, 2016.

1. kensiko

kensiko Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Tesla Model S
    Model:
    II
    Hardcore prius fans and Tesla haters, you can stop reading here ;)
    As usual (mostly because of my mother in law and my wife) we rented a chalet for 1 week for the vacations. It's a different chalet each year.
    • 2 years ago I brought my Zero S to the chalet and charged with a outlet in the basement through a window. I used it to got home a few times, it was only 25 km away.
    • Last year I went to the chalet with my Leaf and used it for the daily activities, I had to be careful as I wasn't safe charging on the bedroom outlet this time and limited the amps to 7. It took 30 hours to fully charge, but everything went well.
    • This year I went with the Model S ! More battery is sooooo much more easier, really happy ! I didn't really need to charge at the chalet but there was an exterior outlet with DDFT and dedicated breaker, so I charged at 12 amps. My car was almost full everyday ! I was surprised with the speed, of course I never had to charge from an empty battery. We went at several places everyday and I did not worry about the SOC level.
    I also had a privileged parking spot at one place, the guy immediately recognized the Tesla ! Pointing me to the right direction. Oh and I also discovered that the stroller fitted in the frunk, thanks to my 2014 model! So it was not an issue fitting everything and everyone inside (I have to say I need to fit my cat with its cage and the litter which is pretty big). I also brought my son's mattress. It was much harder with my previous Leaf.

I also had the chance to show my Tesla to friends, one woman in particular is really interested in the Tesla, so I introduced her to the EV world. She just gave birth so she will not buy anytime soon but possibly in a few years. I think I really convinced her, she was really interested in a particular used Tesla for sale.

I had zero issue during that time, I'm really happy with the Tesla and I plan to keep it for 10 years.

Tideland Prius and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great story, congrats! any pics?:)

3. kensiko

kensiko Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Tesla Model S
    Model:
    II
    Sure

uploadfromtaptalk1471110944655.jpg

Dragon Rider and bisco like this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice! It is nice to have a larger battery.

I think people just need to try an electric car. Unless you've driven diesels (which most North Americans haven't), it's a feeling unlike their own car.

bisco likes this.
  5. jbkendrick

jbkendrick Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Great story thanks for sharing. J

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    gorgeous, thanks!(y)

7. Dragon Rider

Dragon Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    dang !!
    taking pic's of a nice ride like that? in low light? crank your ISO to 800 next time. You've robbed us drool'rs of additional detail !!
    :p

9. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    dang !!
    taking pic's of a nice ride like that? in low light? crank your ISO to 800 next time. You've robbed us drool'rs of additional detail !!

10. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    dang !!
    taking pic's of a nice ride like that? in low light? crank your ISO to 800 next time. You've robbed all of us beautiful car drool'rs of additional detail that we'd have loved to have enjoyed !!