1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If you've replaced the main G1 traction battery, please tell us here!

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Optimus, May 4, 2008.

1. donalmilligan089

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    from 48,000 to52,000 no change over about a year

2. dang10010

dang10010 New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I didn't replace the battery but the previous owner did right before selling. The story goes like this:
    The car had been sitting a while and wouldn't start. They jumped it and then it started running weird stuttering etc. They took it to dealer 1. It say for ten days and the dealer made up some bs about low compressoin in the engine and only having a 1 quart of oil in the engine. Towed to dealer 2, they said the engine was overfull (probably from the other dealer) and that the battery needed replaced. Perhaps it was fried during the jump? New batteries runs ok for a few miles then it started acting funny again. Dealer said it needs a new ecu. Replaced. Drove back from CO to Saint Louis MO. I bought it with the receits from the dealer totalling $4000 in work. So far at 1000 miles the car runs great and averages a little under 45 mpg. I have had no warning lights or any computer error codes. According tho the previous owner toyota informed them the batteries last 7-8 years average and last about 160,000 to 180,000 miles. My car has about 164,000. Its an 01.