1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ignition Misbehaving

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Service Bulletins - TSBs' started by Papajoe, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Papajoe

Papajoe New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2008 Prius has an intermittent problem. On several occasions the car will start, but the lights on the dashboard will not show up. I can't tell how fast I'm going, how much gas I have an so on. In addition, the back up camera doesn't work. I can't turn the car off completely and can't lock it when this happens. I've had it to 3 dealers in 2 states and they were unable to diagnose it. The car has 25,000 miles on it, but the problem started right after we bought it and has happened now and then since then. I can turn the car off, sort of, by holding the start key down for several seconds. I have an appointment with another dealer in a few days. Any ideas?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, to summarize the link in #2, you need a new combination meter ECU. Ask the service writer to make sure that the new part is special ordered so that your current odometer reading is entered into the new part - unless you want your new odometer to read 0 miles.