1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ignition start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lynn43, Dec 29, 2005.

1. lynn43

lynn43 New Member

my dealer is unable to answer this question. When test driving the car he stated that the car could be started while outside the car. He is still learning the system and now says maybe it can not.

Does anyone know if the 2005, package#6, has an ignition system that can be started while outside the car?

2. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I won't say it's impossible, since I don't know for sure (there certainly is no remote start on my 2005 Package 3). However, just judging from the fact that "remote start" is a desired custom add-on that I've seen discussed on this board, I don't think it's possible with an un-modified Prius.

3. P6NaDon

P6NaDon New Member

My 2005 P#6 can not be started while outside the car as it comes from the factory. My dealer was unaware of anyone locally that could add a remote start to my car, or even if it could be done, when I asked him 2 months ago, but we live in a rural community. I also haven't had time until today to check the forums for this.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I believe they have the option in Japan. A generic remote start I suppose would be possible, as many cars nowadays have RFID immobilizers. The remote start would sub as the fob, though it would have to be registered to the car as a new fob. The starter output could simulate pressing the button, though a relay might be needed to emmulate pressing the brake also

But why would one want a remote start anyway?