1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'll be upset if the new Prius DOES have...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Devil's Advocate, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    1. The Bladder! The Bladder! The Bladder!
    2. The same uncomfortable, non-adjusting seats,
    3. The same bad tires
    4. the same lack of sound proofing

2. Barcelona Red Lass

Barcelona Red Lass Sips gas like fine wine!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Re: I'll be upset of the new Pirus DOES have...

You think the seats are uncomfortable??? :preggers:

3. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

I drive ALLOT of highway miles at 4-5 hour stretches and yes they get uncomfortable. Not painful mind you. The problem is that they don't have enough adjustment. No lumbar adjustment, no seat height adjustment (in the USA), no tilt for the lower seat. Plus the seats could use better side bolster support (even though it isn't race car, I know) and probably a little more, or softer, cushioning. (The cushioning is noticeable for me due to the fact I usually drive by myself and the ride is a little stiff, i.e. bumpy, not plush Camry style, due to the cars light weight I think).

4. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

I would also like to add

5. The same crappy gas mileage... ;)

5. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I got ya on the seats could have a bit more adjustment (lumbar). I don't understand how the bladder and tires cause you any problems? I think most of the frustration with the tires and bladder have to do with colder temperatures/snow. You being in Las Vegas I can't see these two things really affecting you. At least in AZ where the weather is about the same as Vegas they are sufficient. With regards to the tires, they work just fine in desert environments. In fact I didn't think they were the end of the world in limited snow the one time I drove the Prius in some. Other than that they work fine in the desert in which I (and yourself) live.

I think there's four types of people that have problems with the bladder:
    1) People that live in very cold weather where filling the bladder is inconsistent. I believe this to be a very minor inconvenience.

2) Those that are sheep and just repeat other things they've read about bladder issues even though they themselves haven't experienced anything. If they have, there's a high likely hood there's some placebo affect going on here. In addition people often don't like things when they've conditioned themselves to believe there's a problem. An example of this was the study many years ago that gave half the participants non-alcoholic beer and the other half regular beer. Both groups later showed signs of being intoxicated. They thought they were drinking "real" beer, and the rest is history.

3) The biggest, complete, bubbling morons of the human race that can't figure out when your fuel light starts flashing it's time to pull over. If you're on a road trip in the middle of nowhere, plan accordingly.

4) The one guy that I've heard of that had a legitimate problem with his Prius incorrectly reporting he had a quarter tank when in fact he was out of fuel.... this of course wasn't his fault.

6. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

Mingoglia,

Tires - Some people say the wear out to fast, for me however the provided to little lateral grip. I drive maybe a little fast, especially around corners, and the tires feel as if they are made of plastic.

Bladder - even in Vegas I have experienced every bladder complaint, except gas in between the bladder and the outer shell.

Its not about knowing how much fuel is actually in the Prius, its that in a car this advanced one should not have to guess how much fuel you have in your car. Plus the bladder isn't in the Pris in any other country so I question its actual usefulness.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Fixed the title for ya.

If it has the same shitty factory tyres.

8. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

I never get the title right.

By the way you spelled "Tires" incorrectly. ;)

9. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

Which only means that the Prius in every other country have higher emissions than the US model. Given that there are a number of studies showing evaporative gasoline emissions are the single largest light duty vehicle contributor to most urban area smog problems, I am more than willing to put up with the minor inconvenience of the bladder. If they figure out a way to get the same emissions without it, great. Otherwise, I'll just keep putting in gas when the last pip starts blinking and not worry about it.

Rob

10. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :focus:

plenty of other threads on the bladder topic

We have 5 so far, well I do anyway, any other DOES have's that people aren't looking forward to in the future Prius?

11. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    1. The same uncomfortable, non-adjusting seats
    2. The same uncomfortable, non-adjusting seats
    3. The same uncomfortable, non-adjusting seats
    4. The same uncomfortable, non-adjusting seats
    5. The same uncomfortable, non-adjusting seats

Is that clear enough for you Toyota?

Wildkow

12. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've had no bladder problems (much to the dismay of all the PharmCo ads on the evening news);). I just fill when down to 2 pips, and the car still has better range than my lemon Volvo with a bigger tank had; I simply don't obsess on how many drops of dead dinosaur I've put in, nor do I care to push it and try to get as many miles as possible out of a tank. (No arguments... please see other threads on "ran out of gas" and "fuel bladder",)

How about some wishes for the '10 or '11, when I'm ready to upgrade:D:
    1. Plug-in with at least a 40-50 mile electric-only range. That would cover 95% of my driving day-to day, and I'd just budget for vacations costing more dinosaurs. I drive many "short trips", because I live in a beautiful inner city neighborhood (go Creston-Kenilworth!) in Portland, and don't have a commute that lets me warm up, but have to go to multiple sites within 5 miles of each other on a regular basis for my job as an RN case manager.
    2. Cushier seats with some adjustments (and an OEM seat heater).
    3. Better soundproofing to road noise, please.
    4. A built in system for roof racks. My Volvo (which was otherwise a total Ford lemon) had little screw out plugs that could be used to mount a rack without the whole figure out what-pillars-you-need thing. You just bought an OEM set of Thule crossbars.
    5. A better factory warranty (5-7 years is no longer terribly unusual... Toyota needs to get with the times). If they really think the car is soooo well built, stand by it.
    6. Quality OEM tires.
    7. A built-in iPod-on-the-screen system a la DICE without bugs please... not the dinky plug-into-the-headphone jack thing.

13. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  14. stemchick

stemchick Montana Rocks!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    the lock out feature for dialing cell phone numbers! I have to open my phone to call folks sometimes....and before you give me a hard time....I live in RURAL Montana, and there is hardly ever anyone on the road with me during my 67 mile commute (one way) so I am using the phone responsibly I PROMISE!:hurt:

15. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    yeah, that's one I'd like as well. To use the handfree we have to dail. Dialing on the phone itself is a lot more distracting than dialing with the screen's much larger numbers. I guess Toyota feels if someone got into an accident dialing their physical phone at least it wasn't *their* fault? ;)

16. 928Quest

928Quest Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Now these are seats, my Porsche 928 seats, the best in the known universe. I'd love to mount these into the Prius

Attached Files:

• 3a_3.jpg
      3a_3.jpg
      File size:
      65.8 KB
      Views:
  17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What about the Kows! :p

Wildkow

18. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    It's a Canadian thing, Eh?

19. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Thanks for reminding me how much I hated my '89 speedster seats ... they were right on part w/ the Prius, but at least the prius has the "very little adjustment" as an excuse.

I'll be upset if the Prius DOES have an ICE.

20. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The Prius has the most comfy seats of any car I've ever owned by far.

Of course, my last two cars were an Echo and a Geo Metro, so I'm not spoiled like the lot of you. Except in getting great gas mileage - I've been spoiled for years in that aspect.