1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

illegal immigration

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Feb 18, 2007.

1. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 18 2007, 04:45 PM) [snapback]392530[/snapback]</div>
    I think you are talking of this guy

I consider this arguement won, you've presented a fine case. Let's open the border up and the whole world can have a better life right here in America!!

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 19 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]392859[/snapback]</div>
    I agree - and we should pass a law they all move to your neighborhood or state :lol:

BTW - who is going to support them - you?

3. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 19 2007, 01:04 PM) [snapback]392870[/snapback]</div>
    I think Livelychick should include an extra couple hundred as a gift to the fed on his taxes this year to pay for this ILLEGAL ALIEN from Mexico who couldn't stay on his side of the fence and who broke the law countless times while on this side of the fence.

4. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 19 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]392882[/snapback]</div>
    Sure, all the immigrants that come here are criminal. Gimme a friggin' break.

Move on back to Germany, both of you. Please? I'm tired of Germans around here. I mean, Jeffrey Dahmer was German, too, so I guess that means all of you are closet cannibals.

(and for anyone else of German descent on this thread but Berman and Spicher, I'm not talking about you. :) )

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 19 2007, 02:39 PM) [snapback]392894[/snapback]</div>
    Seriously, open our borders to anyone and everyone who wants to come here - why just Mexican's? If you are alive, if you breath, you can be an American - total and complete instant amnesty and future amnesty for anybody who wants to come here.

Whats wrong with that. We could easily fit another 100,000,000 people. why stop at the 10-11,000,000 Mexicans?

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

"It's an illegal employer problem"

7. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 19 2007, 03:16 PM) [snapback]392912[/snapback]</div>
    Nothing wrong with it, except that it's a fallacious argument. First, I doubt that 100,000,000 would want to come here. Second, even if they do, most can't (lack of funds, transportation, etc.) That's what makes the influx of Latin Americans big--they share a border with us. I don't see Canadians immigrating in droves...hmmm...what's the difference? Oh--I've got it! QUALITY OF LIFE!

For a doctor, you have no empathy.

I like the earlier idea of annexing, too. I mean, we did it with Texas not that long ago, why not extend it down a bit?

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ Feb 19 2007, 10:26 AM) [snapback]392843[/snapback]</div>
    Immigrants come here to work. They support themselves and they pay taxes. Undocumented immigrants pay more than their share of taxes because their employers deduct withholding taxes, which the undocumented workers cannot file to get refunded.

Except for emergency medical care, they receive very little in the way of public benefits. And the number of people who do become a public burden is small. Educating their kids strengthens our country because an educated populace is a productive populace.

The U.S. has extracted many many times more wealth from Mexico than it has spent on social services for immigrants. No, I do not think that "we" have accepted "more than our fair share" of immigrants, unless you are a full-blooded American Indian. If you are, then you have accepted far more than your share, and you deserve at least a six-figure annual pension for having involuntarily turned over your land to us.

9. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 19 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]392882[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And shes a equal oppertunity Bigot too see below... ;)
    Main Entry: big·ot
    Pronunciation: 'bi-g&t
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot
    : a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance. :rolleyes:
    <j/k> ;)

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 19 2007, 05:29 PM) [snapback]392990[/snapback]</div>
    Main Entry: sar·casm
    Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m
    Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut
    1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
    2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

And let's see my dictionary:

Main Entry: big·ot
    Pronunciation: 'bi-g&t
    Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot
    a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance. Example: A bigot is obstinately anti-immigration.

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Cool thank you Steve0~

I'll stand with the Germans! B)

Open the borders.... Let everyone in. then we can find something new to blame global warming on. Too many people... :p :D

Sarcasim I guess I can fall under that heading too, for post #29.. :p

12. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Feb 19 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]393003[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, Stev0. I appreciate it!

:)

13. nicoss

nicoss New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 19 2007, 10:20 AM) [snapback]392837[/snapback]</div>
    Anybody can access this and get any and all information about legally immigrating to the US:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

14. BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD New Member

My only issue with illegal immigrants other than it being illegal is the fact that there is a serious problem in this country with identity theft.

I'm cunfused as to how a person can get a job in the united states without a u.s. social security number?

15. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BORNGEARHEAD @ Feb 19 2007, 08:25 PM) [snapback]393111[/snapback]</div>
    Several ways:

1. An undocumented person can get a TIP (Taxpayer Identification Number) which allows them to legally pay taxes (but not file for a refund) while working illegally.

2. Fake Social Security cards. Not all that hard to forge. Taxes are withheld and sent to the IRS, but the worker never gets a tax refund. If the number is a real number (belonging to someone else) that person will, I suppose, get credit for taxes paid. If the fake number does not correspond to anyone, the IRS gets the money and nobody gets credit.

3. Some employers do not ask for a social security number. This is illegal, but there is an underground economy, and a cash economy, where both citizens and immigrants (documented or not) work for cash and pay no taxes. There are fringe groups that oppose taxes, and are willing to risk imprisonment in order to pay no taxes. Undocumented workers may get in on this. There are also lots of people who hire someone for a day, for an odd job, pay cash, and ask no questions. Some industries are infamous for hiring undocumented workers under the table. They work hard, they work well, and in some cases may work for less than minimum wages or under sub-standard conditions. Hiring them is very profitable.

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 19 2007, 04:16 PM) [snapback]392954[/snapback]</div>
    Quite contrar my little chick-s-dee. Open our borders - please - to EVERYONE and see how many come here. And again quite wrong - it takes almost NO money to get here. They will walk, take slow boats, stow-away on any craft available.

So, again - if you favor unlimited numbers of Mexicans coming into the US - be open minded, be liberal, do NOT discriminate - let everyone in. And yes, Canadians do come here in great numbers - the only difference is that they come here legally and they tend to be well educated. I have several cousins here from Canada - in fact i think there are posters who moved here from Canada.

So tell me, if you favor Mexicans being able to come here unfettered by our laws, why not other human beings from around the world?

My empathy has no relevance here - this is a discussion on immigration - so stick to the topic. Are you or are you not for opening our borders to all who want to come here??

17. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 20 2007, 08:10 AM) [snapback]393207[/snapback]</div>
    You apparently have some big notion that everyone in the world wants to live in the US. I think that's an elitist world view that is not legit. And yes, if I'm some poor guy living in Indonesia, my world view is probably NOT that huge, and I probably don't know about or want to move to the US.

And no, Canadians don't come to the US in droves. Some do, sure, just like some Americans go there, too. I'd guess that it's about even immi/emigration (I have no stats to back that, btw). And of course Canadians are educated--remember that "quality of life" argument.

So I guess in your view, we should only welcome the well-educated in this country.

I'm not biased for Mexicans, btw. I just know that's where our biggest illegal immigration issues come from, and as I said, if we could help fix Mexico's economy, then we really wouldn't have the problem in the first place.

18. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Feb 19 2007, 04:28 PM) [snapback]392959[/snapback]</div>
    Question: Are you an Indian? If not, why are you bringing it up? What did you NOT understand about 300 million people here already? The rest of the 3rd world needs to either stay where they are or go to other countries. I personally am tired of hearing the same old statements regarding Indians, "We are all Immigrants", and all the other liberal slogans that are bu**sh*t.

We should have closed our borders right after 9-11.

19. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 20 2007, 08:26 AM) [snapback]393209[/snapback]</div>
    I am not an elitist at all - if people are for amnesty or unlimited immigration into this country - then do it right and do not discriminate.

Projections are that by 2010 nearly 1,000,000 Canadian born people will be living in the US! That is the legal immigrants :lol:

20. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ Feb 20 2007, 05:30 AM) [snapback]393210[/snapback]</div>

WOW!

Get over yourself. It is easy enough to say such things when you are not the target of abuse. Some people have been wronged and reparations should be given out. Are you one of those who would say "Well it wasn't me that did it so"?