1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

illegal immigration

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Feb 21 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]393976[/snapback]</div>
    You are entitled to your opinion. Answer 1 question: Why is it that every race and/or group of people can have an organization dedicated to advancement of their race/group EXCEPT white people?? That is the question liberals never answer. I have no ill will toward any group. I simply do NOT want any more immigration into my country-Yes I was born here.

2. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ Feb 21 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]393988[/snapback]</div>
    When whites become the minority, we can have an organization dedicated to our advancement, too, if we need it. I doubt that we will, as one of the tenets of multi-culturalism is a respect for ALL cultures, not just your own. And I think we're heading toward a much more multi-cultural society.

If your group of folks consistently make up the "ruling class" that has historically stomped the heads of those that aren't, then why in the world does "your group" need advancement?

Nope, the only thing "your group" needs are people that will continue to stomp on the heads of those that aren't like "your people." Or just yell about it. The KKK fits that bill for white folks quite well. Ignorant white folks, but white folks, nonetheless.

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 21 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]393979[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the racist card :angry: Who cares! "Asian, black, white, hispanic/latino" they are all people...

I have noticed the racist card used by black people, to try and get out of legal prediciments or to incite civil unrest..... I can think of TV shows that where racist; The Jeffersons, Sanford & Son, In Living Color & ect.

As for the depleation of our natural resources, this is a serious issue not to be taken lightly.... the more people that move here the less we have or the family with 6 kids those kids will grow up and have more and more and more, and with modern medicine people are living longer ect. it eventually will take it's toll.
    Land they just don't make it anymore.. the rising cost of fossil fuels has also caused the prices to rise on other consumer goods as well......

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 21 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]393995[/snapback]</div>
    affirmative action for us :lol:

5. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 21 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]394009[/snapback]</div>
    I agree that depletion of resources is an issue, but we are in a global market. Folks moving here are using resources that would be used ANYWHERE. What needs to happen is 1) fewer children to families (and no, I'm not for legislating this, but people need to wake up!), and 2) more reduction in consumerism.

In addition, I will say one thing--sometimes, civil unrest NEEDED sparking. And still does need sparking, at times. However, the "Racist" card is used sometimes TOO often. It's kinda like the "boy who cried wolf" thing. I do know that there are still very genuine, very terrible, truly racist situations occurring in this country every second. And I guess I can understand that if you've lived with some truly racist actions happening to you, you're likely hypersensitive to anything that seems unfair. Just a thought. Similar to feminists shouting "sexism."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 21 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]394012[/snapback]</div>
    Sure. Except that in a truly multi-cultural society, it wouldn't be needed.

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 21 2007, 12:57 PM) [snapback]394018[/snapback]</div>
    I agree! :)

7. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Feb 20 2007, 03:16 PM) [snapback]393570[/snapback]</div>
    Of Course! It had to be the right decision it was made by a democrat, progressive. How could it be wrong?

8. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 21 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]393995[/snapback]</div>
    You are dead wrong this time. I have nothing in common with either KKK people or rich white people. I fit into a shrinking middle class that gets no respect from either the Klan or wealthy elites. Believe me, I have met my share of both groups and I have nothing to discuss with either group. My point is simple: Why don't white people ever help their own race when the chips are down? Many whites feel like I do. It's not hateful to want to preserve my culture. I get along with many non whites. This whole thing started over illegal aliens. Yes, I'm for zero immigration. So the real question is why do you hate me for my beliefs? I hurt nobody. I am far from the person you perceive me to be. But, I will not back down from wanting to help other whites and wanting a zero immigration policy.

9. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ Feb 21 2007, 01:42 PM) [snapback]394045[/snapback]</div>
    I guess it's because you sound like you ONLY help whites. I help people; I help those who need my help, or for whom the chips are down. They may be white, the may be black, they may be somewhere in between: I don't discriminate who I help based on their skin color.

So what's your culture? Just curious. You say you want to preserve it; what is it? And who is asking you NOT to preserve your culture?

I'm living, breathing preservation of my culture. And my Japanese ex-boyfriend preserved his. And my Black ex-fiance preserved his. And my of-Irish-descent White ex-boyfriend preserved his. My multi-cultural friends preserve theirs. When these backgrounds mix, something wonderful can and does happen.

10. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ Feb 21 2007, 01:42 PM) [snapback]394045[/snapback]</div>
    You have to understand that liberal democrats who preach tolerance have none themselves. it is a recurring theme here. it actually might be a diagnostic criteria of liberal thought disorders.

11. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 21 2007, 02:02 PM) [snapback]394056[/snapback]</div>
    I've finally figured it out. You don't actually READ anyone's posts, including those who you are attempting to support. You pick out one word and create a post based on that.

12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ Feb 21 2007, 09:24 AM) [snapback]393988[/snapback]</div>
    I help those I can, regardless of their race. For five years I worked about 15 hours a week at a homeless shelter in Moorhead, MN (just across the river from Fargo, ND). Most of the people we helped were White. The second-largest group we helped were American Indians. Then Hispanics, and a few Blacks. And I give money to panhandlers, most of whom both in Fargo, and here in Spokane, are white. So to answer your question, I do help White people. I just don't limit myself to helping Whites only.

However, there are organizations dedicated to helping Whites. They are all the informal Old-Boys' Networks that assure that White males get all the best jobs and get preferential promotions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 21 2007, 09:33 AM) [snapback]393995[/snapback]</div>
    Livelychick beat me to it: When you have everything already, and nobody else has anything, you don't need a formal organization. The informal old-boys' network is all you need.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ Feb 21 2007, 10:42 AM) [snapback]394045[/snapback]</div>
    See my answers above: They do. We do. I do. But I help others as well. And the old-boys' networks see to it that Whites keep control of pretty much everything.

I'm glad to hear you oppose the KKK. But their cry is pretty much the same as yours: Send everyone else somewhere else and keep America for White folks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 21 2007, 11:24 AM) [snapback]394065[/snapback]</div>
    You finally figured out the b-man??? The rest of us had him figured out ages ago: He's a troll. If you say, "My favorite color is blue," he'll say: "Your favorite color is red? You must be a communist." If you say, "I'm a vegetarian, I eat no meat," he'll say, "You eat meat? You're a hypocrite."

13. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Feb 21 2007, 03:43 PM) [snapback]394115[/snapback]</div>
    Since just about everything the B-man says is the opposite of the truth, why do you think I question that he is, indeed, a doctor?

14. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Feb 21 2007, 12:29 AM) [snapback]393757[/snapback]</div>
    No, they can't vote now. If you read my statement correctly, you would see I used the word "potential" voters. Once the Democrats can get them on the express track to citizenship (even if it breaks all immigration laws to do so), they will be voters. Who do you think they'll vote for then?

I never said I "don't like immigrants here." I've also stated that many of my own ancestors were immigrants. I very much support LEGAL immigration made available to a WIDER AUDIENCE of candidates. But come here illegally and you are a criminal and need to be treated as such. It's as simple as that.

Perhaps you should first take the time to actually read everything I've written on this thread already before making assumptions about my feelings regarding immigration, huh?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Feb 20 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]393670[/snapback]</div>
    And the Democrats really thrive on classifying people by race.

15. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 21 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]394009[/snapback]</div>
    Mayor Ray Nagin, public speech, January 16, 2006:

"We ask black people: it's time. It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild a New Orleans, the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans. And I don't care what people are saying Uptown or wherever they are. This city will be chocolate at the end of the day.

This city will be a majority African-American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way; it wouldn't be New Orleans."

16. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse @ Feb 21 2007, 03:38 PM) [snapback]394240[/snapback]</div>
    Now that we know your feelings concerning Ray Nagin, do you care to share with us your thoughts about this gem of a post which brought the racial card to this thread?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ Feb 20 2007, 11:02 AM) [snapback]393394[/snapback]</div>

17. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Feb 21 2007, 06:56 PM) [snapback]394250[/snapback]</div>
    The two quotes don't sound much different from each other, now do they?

And yet, one was actually made by an elected official in a public speech.

18. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Feb 21 2007, 01:17 PM) [snapback]394138[/snapback]</div>
    It's a dilemma: There is a Dr. David Berman, MD, who is a doctor in good standing. If the b-man is not him, then he knows enough about him to fake it. The strongest argument in your favor is the ferocity with which the b-man discourages any attempt to contact the doctor, with the simple intention of politely informing him that someone is using his identity to troll this chat board. An identity thief would, of course, want to prevent such a visit at all costs. But if the troll really is the doctor, he also might find a visit distasteful.

19. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse @ Feb 21 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]394256[/snapback]</div>
    No they don't. I missed seeing where you condemned the member who brought the race card to this discussion. Ray Nagins, as much as I dislike him and disagree with his chocolate New Orleans remark, has nothing to do with the topic of illegal immigration.

20. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Feb 21 2007, 08:18 PM) [snapback]394292[/snapback]</div>
    One statement was made by a black man and the other by a white man. In either case, the sentiment is exactly the same.

The real only difference is that if the white man were in public office and made that statement in a public speech, he wouldn't be in office the next day. The point is, blatant racism is tolerated when it comes from some people, but not from others.

There has already been plenty of commentary on Walker1's statement and there was no need for me to add anything new to that commentary by the time I first read it.

I don't need you or anyone else "keeping score" on what I choose to comment on or not comment on. And furthermore, I really don't care if my posts are entirely off the original topic.