1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Illumination of the audio and AC display

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by MustangConvert, Aug 24, 2013.

1. MustangConvert

MustangConvert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sometimes in the bright sunlight, I cannot see the audio display or the small AC display that shows which vents the air is coming out from. Is there any way to illuminate these displays? Will some LEDs around them help or make it worse?
    I'm driving a C two. I have no intention of upgrading to an aftermarket sound system; I just want a simple inexpensive way to see the info on the screen.

Thanks.

2. los panda

los panda Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    i just hold my hand between the display and the direct sunlight. i don't think led lights would help, but who knows

3. CWebb3

CWebb3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    In my opinion, the display on the radio (and heater) in the c1 and 2 is the worst thing about that car. If I had it to do over, I would buy the C3. I don't know what Toyota was thinking. They should take a lesson from Honda. My after-market stereo will be installed today.

4. CWebb3

CWebb3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    OK, got a Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS touch screen head installed. $350 for the head, $250 for the ancillary parts and $50 labor, which was a steal as they spent hours on the installation and the programming of the steering wheel control interface. I can now read the screen! YEA!! The HD radio is better than I expected, the USB and auxiliary inputs are in the factory location, there is a tiny mic for the phone at the top of the windshield, and the sound is very good. I had the work done by Mike's Sound Solutions in Elk Grove, CA and I can highly recommend these guys. I haven't checked out the DVD function yet as I'm unlikely to use it. The iPhone and iPod interface in this unit is good. This was a bit more money than I really wanted to spend, but it's a very nice upgrade to a car I'm planning on keeping for a while. I really hated the factory unit in the C2!