1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm 6'2" 245 pounds -- How will I fit in the driver's seat?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Mickelous, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Mickelous

Mickelous New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I should be in the market for my first Prius come October, and noticed compared to the 2nd gen models I was looking at with over 100k on the odometer, I could get a much better deal comparatively on a 2012-2013 C model with around 20-30k miles instead. I'm essentially paying about $5,000 more for 7 more years worth of mileage.

I noticed that the C is quite smaller than the regular Prius, but how much smaller really is it? How much comfort am I sacrificing being 6 feet 2 inches and 245 pounds?

I'm not too concerned with back seat space -- single, no kids. Trunk space should be good enough with back seats folded down. Is the back seat a bench, or can I opt to put down one side only to accommodate a third passenger while still having extra cargo room?

2. citroenjohn

citroenjohn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not as tall as you, but, to near the weight. I have no problems fitting in my C. My best friend who is actually taller than you and about 10 pounds heavier used my C for several days while I used his pick up. He was amazed that he found the C quite comfortable, more so than his wife's Subaru. He still dislikes my C (he's a pick up guy) but, admits that it's a comfortable car that makes a lot of sense.

3. mahout

mahout Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm 220 and 6-1; I fit well enough to drive on track at maximum speeds - well, fior a Prissy - and am quite comfortable. I n ordinary weekend trips up to 1000 miles I arrive without back, butt, or leg issues. I guessI say try it.

4. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    With some Toyota dealers you can rent before you buy to try it out. I rented a Camry for 3 days and the rental fee was very reasonable and worthwhile for me. Think about doing that before you buy. I think you need a larger vehicle. Just my opinion. I am 5'8", 166 pounds. I had a 2011 Prius Two. I traded it in on a 2014 Avalon because the driver's seat in the Prius was not comfortable for me. What is uncomfortable for one person may be comfortable for the next.

5. Goin2drt

Goin2drt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Fine. I am height and a few lbs less.

6. NuttyKat

NuttyKat Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I am pretty sure that the Prius C one trim level has a bench back seat. Level two and higher trim levels get the 60/40 split folding rear seats.

7. jss2

jss2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That's correct. The 60/40 split for the rear seat fold down (and the cruise control) are the reasons I bought a c2 instead of a c1.

Nexus 5 ?

8. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My son is 6' 7"" tall , weighs about 260 and he drives my Prius C. He has to put the seat all the way back.

9. HotDogWater

HotDogWater Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just as another data point, I'm 6'5" 205 lbs, and I fit comfortably. I don't even have the seat all the way back.