1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm all in now - with hybrid technology

Discussion in 'Lexus Hybrids and EVs' started by tk1971, Aug 31, 2012.

1. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    The wife's been driving her new Prius C for a few weeks and I got new-car-itus, bad.

Tried the Gen III liftback, but didn't do it for me, even though that would have been the logical and practical choice. BTW, I despise the boxed in feeling I got when driving a Gen III (must be that star ship Enterprise console). The discontinuous rear view didn't earn it any points either.

Even though it's smaller (on the inside), costlier, and less fuel efficient, the CT really spoke to me. The styling reminds me of a 2003 IS300 sport wagon (had one of the first IS300's, but I really loved the look of the wagon).

The Yaris was a great little car, but alas, I got stuck in traffic and ended up limping an entire weekend (clutch). I'd always stated that if I get a new car to replace the Yaris, it would have to get better MPG.

It's hard to beat the Yaris's 40.9 mpg, but the CT did it.

[​IMG]

We've now doubled down on Toyota's hybrid technology.

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Beautiful! Great choice if you don't need the extra room. I really like the Lexus red. After your wife gets a load of those CT seats, you may have a problem hanging onto your car!

3. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Yep, the wife is eying the Ct. My kids helped pick the color. They think the car is Lightning McQueen.

4. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    A nice ride. I'm finally starting to see more on the road.