1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm Baaaaack! Kind of interesting story.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Actual Mileage, Sep 15, 2014.

1. zebekias

zebekias Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thing is, I don't park my cars in "regular" spots. I park far away where no other cars park. If you purposely come park next to me and I discover a ding that is obviously from your car, your door and my shoe will have an argument, shoe wins every time.

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Great attitude.

What if someone dinged your car and drove off and someone else arrived and parked there. You return back and assume they damaged your car and kick theirs.

Nice.

One day you might just do that to the wrong persons car too. That would be interesting.

3. Starship_Enterprius

Starship_Enterprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Premium
    oh i don't doubt you were in the proper spot far away from other cars.

but even if someone did ding my old clunker i wouldn't even flinch. that 15 yo car had front and rear bumpers falling, rust on all wheel wells doors and hood, power windows stuck, odometer not working, engine lights on because it was running only on 3 cylinders, wheel bearings screaming, front suspensions bouncing about on potholes, side mirrors ducked taped...you get the idea . it had almost half a million km's when i drove it to the metal recyclers 2 weeks ago. so i would have just chuckled at how much it must have hurt someones foot kicking it.

4. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Dealers will not install anything but the OEM which will be very expensive.

The proper way to do it is a "retrofit". That means you take your reflector housings, or a new pair so you can revert back if you want to, bake them, open them, affix projectors from a real HID car, bake back together and install.

I use older Denso ballasts with Lexus RX330 AFS, RX350 AFS, RX400h AFS, or RX450h AFS projectors. Their light output can't be beat at their price point. The Honda S2000 AP1 projectors are some of the most sought after.

But the Lexus lights are not bi-xenon, so you lose high beams with a single bulb. For my previous install I had halogen high beams in the upper space with the HID low beams and it looked incredible. Some of the BMW projectors look pretty good with bi-xenon.