1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm bored and would like ideas.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Mar 27, 2006.

1. kevmac

kevmac New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(floydenheimer @ Mar 28 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]231507[/snapback]</div>
    I would go with either the Ninja or the Pirate idea; although Cowboy and Astronaut sound appealing as well. I was thinking about being a Navy Seal in my spare time; however, I am not a very good swimmer and my wife told me that could be a problem; plus, I like to be in bed sleeping by 10:00PM every night.

2. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 27 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]261804[/snapback]</div>
    I quite agree with this. Many people keep themselves super busy so that they never have to listen to that little inner voice, they hate to be alone. I'm cool with the inner voice and I don't need another person to validate me.
    I enjoy watching the world and it is ever so entertaining. But I also engage the outside world on my own terms which I am sure may be entertaining for someone else to watch.

I think you might be a good impersonator, like that guy that Di Caprio played in "Catch Me if You Can". Whose life would you chose to impersonate and could you get away with it?

3. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Are you looking for a job thats all that?.. or are you independently wealthy?

What thrills you the most? and how much does it cost?

Its really cool when you can find your place and do what you were gifted for and still either make money or have no need to.

Maybe you can be one of those guys that climbs into tall trees in the canopy of the jungles and film monkeys and birds...... thats pretty wierd!

4. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Boredom is generally a symptom of the inability to feel. Those who engage in extreme sports may think that they feel a great deal but like an alcoholic who must consume greater quantities of alcohol in order to achieve the same high, you have to keep jolting yourself with increasing, but unsatisfactory, levels of event-induced adrenalin. You may engage in thrill-seeking activities because that's the only time when you can feel. Our society is full of people who have been trained since birth that they can do no wrong and must forever pursue the acquisition of toys and events that give temporary distraction and instant gratification. But they also bring lasting unhappiness as well as maintaining the suffering that western civilization has built in to you because it prevents you from ever facing the cause of suffering. Only pursuit of enlightenment can bring lasting happiness and feeling. You are bored because you are numb. You are numb because you've been taught that everything that you want and need exist outside of you when, in fact, everything that you need you already have. You just need to turn to the inward path and realize it. If you're bored in your present state of affairs, you will be bored with a new job, no matter how different it is, as soon as the temporary high of apparent change wears off. In the end, the backdrop of your life will be different but the boredom will remain.

5. TwelveInchPrius

TwelveInchPrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Mar 26 2006, 09:33 PM) [snapback]230744[/snapback]</div>
    You just need a TwelveInchPrius!

6. furkidsnprius

furkidsnprius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 27 2006, 01:32 PM) [snapback]261804[/snapback]</div>
    I do agree that having "tons to do" is different from having "interesting things to do." Dishes,laundry,house cleaning,etc. can fill up your day if you want it to, but for me WAAAAYYYYYY too DULL. I am suggesting that there are lots of interesting things to do as well. For instance you apparently enjoy diving, ever gone cave diving? I hear it is very challenging and interesting as well. :rolleyes:

The world is here, no more not less. I never suggested that you submit to supporting others in their entertainment. The guy who studied wolves in Alaska by himself was not exactly entertaining others :eek: however he was very entertained by his study.
    That you are lazy could be an indicator of why you are bored. Do you have any thoughts on why you are lazy? Is it just your self perception or do others call you lazy? You certainly have plenty of energy when it comes to posting B)
    Creativity is overrated as an objective, and underappreciated when it is displayed. IMO

7. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Mar 26 2006, 10:33 PM) [snapback]230744[/snapback]</div>
    Well considering most of your posts, you could be just like "him".

8. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You say: "Actually, I have to question this point: Why ISN'T the world here to entertain me? I'm only going to be here once, why should I submit to supporting others in their entertainment as a goal? "

guess you need to buy a county and be king...........

Too bad you were not properly educated.....Your imagination should be rich enough to so that you might entertain yourself!

9. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ May 28 2006, 07:02 AM) [snapback]262011[/snapback]</div>
    thats absolutely right grasshopper! :D

10. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ May 28 2006, 08:03 PM) [snapback]262164[/snapback]</div>
    you damn right. it's all about ME.

it's always been about ME.

The quicker you realize and accept this, the better off you'll be.

:D

11. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ May 28 2006, 10:02 AM) [snapback]262011[/snapback]</div>
    eh, i disagree to a large extent... i think there are as many reasons and concepts for people being bored, as there are different types of people....

in essence, i think a lot of people can't face the reality they're only on this planet for a few runs around the sun, and will die without rememberance of any sort. Sure, a few generations might remember you, but in the end, the world will end, and the only evidence of this thing called 'humans', will be some satellites that manage to float around within the inky void of space.

the only thing i m bored with is my job, and i ve already taken steps to change that, i m sure i ll dabble in a few different careers before i find the right one... im not one of those people that knew what i wanted to do since i was 6....

12. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marie @ May 28 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]262014[/snapback]</div>
    oh i know im lazy as all hell. B) truthfully, it never ceases to amaze me just how much ive managed to accomplish by just showing up! :lol: seriously too, it sort of amazes me just how great the United States is when some lazy ahole like me, can easily sustain himself for years on end. a part of me actually wants to live homeless somewhere warm, just for the change, and would i be a lesser man if i did... :lol: as for posting, well, there seems to be an ecclectic mix of poeple on here that makes this site soo damn addictive! of course, coupled with the boredom of my current job equals a lot of posts... :p

back to the laziness factor, i am sooooo lazy, that when i wanted to talk to someone who was in lower floor of my house, i whipped out my cellphone and called them up, just so i wouldn t have to get up, or exert myself by yelling... B)

13. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 29 2006, 01:30 AM) [snapback]262274[/snapback]</div>
    Don't worry. Laziness is a passing phase. You get over it very fast when you have a wife and kids.
    As for the bit about the US supporting laziness. That is changing fast. Pretty soon China will call in the IOUs.
    And actually, Americans work much longer hours per year than Europeans. Have you considered becoming a cafe intellectual in Paris? Just watch out for the storm troopers who were not too fond of intellectuals - wait a minute - you could join them. :)
    By the way, you are one of the very few posters here with the capacity for self criticism. You just have to get over the fascism bit.