1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm choosing between Toyota Corolla and Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Ricar, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    /The Prius is black, not a good color as far as resale, might be part of the reason for the low price, but go check it out, if the title is clean it is a good value.

pilotgrrl likes this.
  2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just out of curiousity, since I have owned 3 black vehicles, it's probably my favorite automobile color, why is black, not good for resale? I know upkeep of a black finish is more challenging, but if you take care of a black vehicle, the color is a timeless classic. I never let my black finish deteriorate too badly, and neither did I ever feel it discounted it's value when selling or trading in.

I live where it rains a lot. Which is a bit of an equalizer. But I've always felt stories of the herculean challenges of owning a Black vehicle, over stated.
    I keep a good finish protectant on the vehicle, and the rain actually keeps it pretty clean. If black shows dirt or dust more readily? I just feel it's keeping me honest. I know when it needs to be cleaned.
    I may be in a minority, but I have never had a real problem owning a black colored vehicle. I've chosen them through free will and by choice.
    I think when they are clean, a black vehicle looks great.

padroo likes this.
  3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My first car, up in Canada, had black interior. I remember one of my cousins saying they would not own the car because of the interior color. I believe, at that time, he had a car with white interior. For me, the Gen 4 Prius black interior was too dark.
    As far as exterior colors, the closest I had to black was a dark green Corolla and my current dark green Tundra. My last couple of cars have been white, since that that color is the most visible from a distance.

pilotgrrl likes this.
  4. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I own two black cars and three with black interiors. My wife once told me she always wanted a black car and she wanted a convertible.
    Our 1999 Plymouth Prowler is a black convertible and our new Prius.
    My wife keeps both all eight of our cars clean. She wouldn't have it any other way.