1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm Done THINKING About This Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CoastRider, Jul 23, 2017.

1. CoastRider

CoastRider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Darn! Somebody had to go and spoil my fantasy. :) I'm fine with the placebo effect. Or maybe I'm dreaming? Or too much Grey Goose vodka? Maybe my car is stuck in EV mode? :ROFLMAO: It's been several days now, and a few hundred miles driven, and I swear the gas engine is quieter. Maybe about 40% quieter? Not a huge drastic change, but every little bit helps. This car has always been loud.

The new Michelin Premier tires have helped quite a bit too. I increased the air pressure a little bit more, and now that they have 2000 miles on them they seem to be broken in better, and quieter. And much better handling than the OEM Toyo tires. I'm very happy with that purchase.

Now I'm a "Mobil Man." Mobil 1 oil, and Mobil Synergy gasoline. :cool:

Back to my booze... Oh, and your car will always run better after you wash & wax it! Guaranteed fact. :)

(And the Mobil gas station sells great hot dogs, too! Gas, oil, dogsā€¦ What else could a man want?! :LOL:)
    JUST DRIVE IT.

#21 CoastRider, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Priifan and 'LectroFuel like this.
  2. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Deja vu CC!

3. CoastRider

CoastRider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    With all due respect to those in disbelief, the gas engine in my Prius is definitely quieter after switching to Mobil 1 Oil. No placebo effect! I've driven 600 miles now, and I'm enjoying the quieter engine.

Now I can eat my cheeseburger in peace & quiet.... :D

Let's quit talking about it... and get out and DRIVE IT!

#23 CoastRider, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Priifan, pjm877, pilotgrrl and 2 others like this.
  4. tucatz

tucatz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Is that curb rash on those new 18" wheels? They look great on hypersonic red with window tint and roof racks. I have to admit the whole package looks great. Agree with other posts this may be a theft magnet. I grew up on San Diego beaches. We used to stuff our boards in the back of a cheap Subaru wagon. Left the windows open only thing to steal would be a Panasonic car stereo, a bar of wax, or my shorts.