1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm interested in the Michelin Energy Saver non A/S version... Thoughts? Input?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Technigogo, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Technigogo

Technigogo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I realize this is a summer tire but I live in Austin Texas so I'm not concerned about winter use.

I suspect they will ride quiter and perhaps smoother due to the tread design.

The max psi on the sidewall is 51 compared to only 44 on the A/S version so I'm thinking I can run highr pressure for even better fuel economy.

I can get them at Costco!

SCH-I545 ?

2. Technigogo

Technigogo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Maybe I put this in the wrong forum?

SCH-I545 ?

3. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ...only problem I've found with Michelins is their tread tends to outlast their sidewalls (see threads passim)o_O

4. dame3780

dame3780 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    For what's out there, I thought these would be a good fit too. I just ordered them through Costco-not installed yet. Keep you posted on what I find. I've had Yokohama Avid's (x2) and now Goodyear Assurance's. The Yoko's were fine with great fuel economy, poor wear lasted 25-30k mi. The Goodyears had better ride with less mpg. I'm looking for ride quality mostly with better mpg than the Goodyears. The Michelins are lighter so I hope this helps. Plus Michelin has $70 rebate on 4! It was around $500 for 4 installed with taxes and everything at Costco.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    fabulous tyres! not sure about the non a/s version, or lifetime though.