1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm new to Prius and I have a question on temperature

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by tanglai, Apr 9, 2011.

1. tanglai

tanglai Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi all,

I got a new 2011 Prius just a few days. It sure takes some adjustments to get used to the car because this car is taller than my previous one. Also, I am not able to see the front of the car from the driving position. I still like the car though. :)

Here's my question: I feel relatively warm air flowing in from the vent while the outside temperate displayed says it's 45 degrees outside. I tried the up and down temperature buttons but they don't work unless I am using the Auto mode. Is there a way to adjust the temperature when the Auto mode is off?

Thanks,
    Tang

2. Troyroy

Troyroy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    With the auto off......select a fan speed...either up or down. It will show you the heater choices.......then select the down arrow on the temp buttons. Go all the way to low...then you can select off again. That should take care of your problem.

Enjoy your new ride !!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. tanglai

tanglai Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wow, that's a quick reply! Thanks.

Does it mean the temperature coming in is now the same as the outside temperature when the temp button is pressed all the way to "Lo"?

Also, the fan is on with this setting. If I press the Off button now, will the temperature remain the same?

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Yep

. . . . and welcome to PC

:welcome:

5. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on our new 2011 Prius and welcome to PriusChat. Be sure to read your owner's manual and search the forum for how-to's, tips, tricks and answers.