1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

... I'm not going out to eat, anymore ~

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by asjoseph, Jan 26, 2023.

1. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Funny thing, that. Insect matter may not be greatly higher in protein than wheat. Their chitin suits 'fool' chemical analysis (Kjeldahl) with a pseudo increase.

One can obtain 'insect powder' in US? As a low priority, add it scantily to any bread-like recipe and attend to the matter of taste final. My guess is you'll find a level that tastes 'odd' below any need to change formula for structural results. Then you'll be better informed than any of us, beyond the noise inherent here from first.

Someone will explore this, surely. Maybe not an otherwise busy person with a fake Ooni out back. But imagine media clicks that will follow. Cricket pizza wins taste test!

One % sugar in that crust and a dash of cinnamon, trust me :D

2. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Saw the powder and products on Amazon. Maybe health food stores.

3. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sure he'd have enjoyed a few spinach salads in Australia late last year.

Toxic spinach causes hallucinations and delirium in Australia - BBC News

(for @tochatihu , since you may not be able to access the BBC one - https://english.news.cn/20221219/2a3d9411f0d7437095e0d2ee74fb369c/c.html)​

When they reported it on Triple J, the State-owned youth music radio station which I listen to in spite of being the wrong demographic, the report was excellent. The newsreader did the report, and then the DJ said, "So, should we all be going out and getting off our faces on spinach then?". The newsreader said, "No, it's a really horrible trip and then you s--t yourself." It's this sort of clarity that makes me respect the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

4. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A