1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm officially part of the Prius family!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by DrPepperholik, May 3, 2014.

1. DrPepperholik

DrPepperholik Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    With the Mustang we didn't do any extra maintenance plans and didn't need it. Granted we only had it 2 years before getting the Prius and it had 26,700 miles so still covered by warranty for a year or 36,000 miles I think.

With the Mustang we didn't do any extra maintenance plans and didn't need it. Granted we only had it 2 years before getting the Prius and it had 26,700 miles so still covered by warranty for a year or 36,000 miles I think.

iPhone ? with these darned signatures

2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Take the money you would spend on the "plan" and put it in a interest bearing CD account. If you need the money for something major you can make a withdrawal.

Dealers make "PROFIT" on these plans. They seldom pay for themselves.

Ron

DrPepperholik likes this.
  3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  4. acceleraptor

acceleraptor Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm not sure if your son's car seat is more technologically advanced or not than the Prius. Definitely well suited, at least! :LOL:

dorunron and DrPepperholik like this.
  5. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yeah, the money we would have spent on all the extra stuff at the dealers will go into savings to pay for future repairs.

His car seat is one of the top rated overall. It's so easy to use, no re-thread harness, use the LATCH in the Prius and it will last him forever. Goes up to 45lbs rear facing and 65lbs forward facing. So, super safe car seat in a super safe seat.

iPhone ?

dorunron likes this.
  6. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Very intelligent lady and pretty too!

Ron

7. acceleraptor

acceleraptor Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    As for tinting, I went with Prestige Spectra Photosync. It's a high end film that is the current top-of-the-line in heat rejection, even over the current year 3M Crystalline. (It's also got the high-end price to match. :eek:)

(Website) PhotoSyncâ„¢ - Prestige Film Technologies
    (Video Demo)

The point that sold me was their spectrophotometer graph of heat rejection across all up and down the e-m spectrum from UV to all of Near IR (a lot more thorough than the specs of any competitors) from here:
    http://www.prestige-films.com/docs/Photosync_DataSheet.pdf

On top of that, the demos seem to corroborate the claims--demoing against actual sunlight is more informative than demoing against heat lamps, which are limited to narrow ranges of wavelength output, and I've yet to hear a single detractor or negative opinion against the film from anyone who's had it (you can find some for 3M's top-o'-the-line, though most are based on experiences with the older film under the same name).

dorunron likes this.
  8. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm not sure what the company I went to before uses. I will have to ask. They did a great job and in 2 years I didn't have any problems. It made a HUGE difference in the way the inside of the car felt and how much sun I didn't feel.

Today's high is 91 so it'll be interesting to see how cool my car feels at the end of the day with the solar roof. I will have to get a thermometer and gather some test data. Without tint, with tint, without a/c, with a/c.

9. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wow.

Your trees have leaves on them!

Make sure you have the solar roof button in the "in" position before you shut down the car when you park.

You can leave the button in that position from now on and it'll work any time there's sun and the interior is warm.

dorunron and DrPepperholik like this.
  10. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Yes they do. It's spring time for sure! The high today is going to be 91. It's only May and it's so hot.

What do you mean by the "in" position? I'm not aware of the need to do such thing. I will have to check this out during lunch.

Any ideas on how my friend's '13 has black wheels that came with it when mine have what seems to be hubcaps?

11. Horsefeathers

Horsefeathers Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think the black wheels are under the hubcaps and people just take them off. Some add center caps.

12. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I don't understand why manufacturers do hubcaps. My first car had hubcaps, a 1983 Saab, I think at one point the spring pieces that hold them on had broke and one fell off. My 2000 Contour has hubcap covers that just cover the lug nuts, those are annoying as the plastic hook pieces that hold them on kept breaking off. I'll have to pull off one of the covers and see how it looks. I'm not a fan of hubcaps.

13. Horsefeathers

Horsefeathers Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm still not very adept at navigating this board, but I've seen several pictures here with the stock black rims (I think). It seems to be fairly common and popular, and lots of people just add the center caps. One of the first things my husband noticed about the Prius when I first got it was, "looks like it has some pretty decent black rims under those caps." I don't care enough to change anything about it, but if he did, I wouldn't care. He doesn't drive it, so he isn't terribly motivated beyond commenting about it. I am with you on the annoyance of hubcaps deteriorating or breaking. It drives me up a wall to see hubcaps bouncing around on a moving car like the tire is wobbling because something is loose or out of whack. At that point, I will care enough to snatch those suckers off and embrace the naked rims look.

Anyway, maybe someone will be along with the requisite link(s) here on the stock rims, or if you browse around, you're bound to come across them with lots of pictures. My navigation skills here are sorely lacking.

14. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The wheelcovers are supposed to improve the aerodynamics, if I recall correctly.

On my 2011 the wheels underneath are attractive silver painted alloy wheels. I bought caps for the center holes and have left off the wheelcovers.

The solar system has a two position pushbutton to the left of the steering column, near the instrument panel lighting control. When the system is turned on the button is very slightly recessed (but it's hard to judge until you've tried it).

15. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I paid attention to the wheels when I went to lunch and the wheel covers look like they just cover the black rim. I might take one off and see if I like it or not. If I do I'll just package up the wheel covers and put them in storage if I decide I want them later. I think with the white color the black rims would look pretty nice.

I'll have to look for the push button for the solar panel when I leave today. It is on as when I got in the car for lunch I could hear/feel the air coming through the vents.

hybridbear likes this.
  16. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Good enough.

The only reason you'll need to know where the button is, is if you bump it accidentally sometime and turn it off.

17. Bingee

Bingee Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations , blizzard pearl is more than a color , it's a statement

18. Bingee

Bingee Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  19. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Statement of what? I just liked the color. Of course there wasn't much color choices that I really desired, the C has a bunch of bright colors I like but I wanted a Liftback. My other preference would have been Sea Glass Pearl, Silver or Nautical Blue Metallic.

This is the color of my Mustang, Grabber Blue. I sought out that color too, drove an hour away to get it.

Attached Files:

20. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three