1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm officially part of the Prius family!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by DrPepperholik, May 3, 2014.

1. DrPepperholik

DrPepperholik Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three

That's strange. I've never seen cloth ones that are like that. A couple friend of ours (husband and wife, friends with me and my husband, not sure how to put that) had an '09 Prius and had leather added to it but the dealer (they got it used from someone that wasn't Toyota) put covers on it that had zippers on them, it looked kinda cheap. With their new car, a '13 Prius Two, they had leather added through the Toyota dealer when they bought it new, in this case the upholstery was replaced completely.

2. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The zippers on my cars were very discrete. Nylon zippers that ran down the edges of the backside panel with sort of velour "piping" to hide them. Unless you were vacuuming the rear footwells you'd never notice them.

3. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The Gen3 is split as follows:

2010-2011 (preface lift)
    2012-current (post face lift)

The 2012 + got a updated front bumper cover, DRL's, updated taillights & black rims amongst other minor changes depending on trim level.

VS980 4G ?

DrPepperholik likes this.
  4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congratulations. Enjoy the ride. What's the latest on the 3M film?

5. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I sent an email to one place and haven't gotten any response. When I got my windows done I asked if they do the 3M film as well and they said they don't and couldn't recommend anyone in the area. I'm going to have to consult with Google on this one.

6. bp1000

bp1000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I picked up a nearly identical car this weekend too so i thought i'd just tag onto this thread. I love the pearl white as it is called in the UK. I also got the top spec T-Spirit model but mine doesn't have a sun roof which i'm sure would be very nice indeed!

Thrilled with the car, its mileage is incredible. Just this morning on the way to work i checked out what it got over the journey and it returned a stunning 78.6mpg UK which is about 65mpg US over 20 miles.

Lots of room in there for the kids too, nice relaxing ride too.

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Using zip code 29301 the closest installer is located in Greenville.

Extreme Colors

22 or 23 miles may seem like a lot but I drove across NJ to get to my installer. A good shop is definitely worth the trip

8. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three

That's the place I sent an email to. :( I'll call one day.

9. acceleraptor

acceleraptor Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Most tint places I find all seem *really* slack on responding to emails, and some even to phone calls and voice messages left. One place never called me back even though I left 3 voice mesgs after an e-mail.

10. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congrats on the new ride! We have a blizzard pearl Prius as well, 4 years, 50K miles old now and running great.

The NextFit is not only a great seat overall, but one of the better models for taking up somewhat less room when used rear-facing for older kids. Your baby will be very safe for a long time!

11. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Thanks!

I love this seat! We used a Keyfit 22 until he outgrew it but I loved it! We since loaned it out to friends. We trust them to let us know if it is in an accident and then we'll toss it. They had a primary seat and a used one. The used one was purchased at Goodwill and was probably expired from how my husband described it. Since we weren't using the Keyfit we loaned it to them until a time when they no longer need it or we have another baby. I wanted the Radian or the NextFit. I love the NextFit! It fit in my Mustang and is so easy to install and use. When my mother-in-law, who babysits while we're at work, needed a seat when I went back to work a few months ago after a layoff she was limited on funds as well due to short term disability so she got an Evenflo seat, I think that's it, for less than $100 and that seat was horrible to install! It looks so big and doesn't "cradle" him like the Nextfit does. My other thought was a Combi Cocoro but those are outgrown early.

CPSDarren likes this.