1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm Saved; Are You?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by mr88cet, Jul 20, 2017.

1. MNdriver

MNdriver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Good point!

2. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Without rummaging through the gigantic manual, does anyone know offhand if you can increase/decrease the volume of the warning "BEEP BEEP" when you're approaching a car in front of you too fast? It went on the other day for me (glad it's there) but as I had my windows open and the radio going, it wasn't exactly loud. I heard it, but was wondering if there's a way to increase the volume on it for those times when there's a lot of other noise around...

3. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think there is a way. There is nothing in the Carista menu for my car to change the beep volume. I can, however, change the parking sensor beep and turn signal volume. Isn't the auto brake warning the same sound as when you turn on the car? My auto brake seems pretty loud in my car.

stevepea likes this.
  4. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Funny the things you can (and can't) control on the car (even with/without Carista). Well, I can hear it, but when there's lots of other noise (ie, window open, freeway noise, radio on) it's not as loud as you'd think. I'm not sure how it compares to when the car is turned on (in a quiet garage, radio off, completely different scenario)... and I kind of feel that urgent warnings should probably be louder than the simple beeps you hear when starting the car (and I either long ago turned off the start-up/shut-down "music" on my car, or my 7" Plus screen didn't have it). I generally try to turn off extraneous beeping (had the dealer change the backup beep to just a single beep) but something that's an urgent, real alert I feel should be louder than simple "you're starting your car" (or "you're backing up") beeps.

'LectroFuel and Prodigyplace like this.
  5. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    After listening closely to the start-up sound, I agree the brake sound should be louder.