1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm Sick of these Chevy "Gas Friendly to Gas Free" Ads!!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rockville1, May 27, 2008.

1. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No, read my post again. The OP was referring to the viability of GM cars as hybrids, not just as a conventional cars. Compared to the other hybrids available (TCH/NAH), the GM hybrids are not viable hybrid alternatives with significantly worse MPG, similar price, and significantly worse emissions.

Even compared to the a conventional Accord, the Accord gets pretty similar mpg, costs less, and you can get one with significantly better emissions at best and the same emissions at worst (depending on where you live). So as hybrids, the GM models fall flat (compared to other vehicles out there), which is what the OP was referring to and the link I posted referred to as well.

2. nyty-nyt

nyty-nyt Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    First off, has GM overcome the battery recall fiasco?
    Secondly, since the US produces half of the electricity from coal, shouldn't the slogan be "from gas friendly to 50 % coal-fired" ?