1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm Too Old To Fix These Things

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sam Stone, Apr 29, 2020.

1. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Curious what were the logged OBD2 codes (DTCs) that this all knowing scanner retrieved?
    Once there are accurate DTC(s) to work from, many mechanics will use the factory repair manual to troubleshoot from.

Sam Stone and Raytheeagle like this.
  2. Sam Stone

Sam Stone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wish I knew. All I can say is it was wheezing, hacking, coughing and then it started smoking before its tongue fell over the side and the guy said something about it being new and hopefully still under warranty.

Obviously, anyone knows more about these things than I do, but he still wanted me to replace the computer when I figured out with 5 minutes research that all I needed to get it started again was a 7.5 fuse for the immobilizer.

Sometimes I wish I was a girl. Then I could go out with me. Unless I was too busy being smart or doing my hair.

I'll ask him what the reading was and let you know.

Thanks for asking.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

George W likes this.
  3. Sam Stone

Sam Stone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm having a question: I've chased every millimeter of every wire in everybody's car in Fort Worth and can't find a problem anywhere on this stoopid car of mine. On the bright side, there's a couple of really pretty blondes in their 20s who owe me a favor for finding something in their cars. I'm married, so I'll have to pass that favor to someone else.

Piddling with everything I can find I discovered one of the three bolts holding the new inverter pump has broken off (inside the bolt well, of course). The pump is easily moved. I'll dig the bolt out, but is it possible its instability could be the culprit causing the warning lights and red triangle to be so schizophrenic? The Christmas light show across the dash comes back a day or so after a reset and the triangle waits a bit longer but only when the car is at rest at a stop sign, red light, or in traffic. I had to give up on the mechanic I thought would save me because he refused to answer specific questions and wouldn't listen to all the great input you guys have given. It's hot, I'm confused, frustrated, and I knocked my one collectable guitar over and broke its neck in half. Now I'm about to be homeless because my wife knows I'll fix the Gibson before I fix the Toyota.

All thoughts are deeply appreciated.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.