1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

IMHO Toyota Delivers as Expected with 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Winston, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Winston

Winston Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Toyota has a simple formula for each revision of each model of their cars. The new models are always;

1. Bigger
    2. More Powerfull
    3. Gets more miles per gallon

That is exactly what they did with the 2010 Prius. It gives approximately 10% better mileage than the previous model. Plus they claim that it handles better.

This is a tried and true formula for Toyota. Just as expected. I think that the heat recovery for the exhaust is also a brilliant addition. It is innovative technology that increases mpg without sacrificing performance.

2. YoDaddyAlex

YoDaddyAlex Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    tried and true formula is exactly what the prius is NOT. do that with the camary or corolla, toyota, you are supposed to be always breaking new ground with the prius.

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    There has been some substantial ground breaking on the new Prius under the hood (cooled EGR to reduce pumping losses, exhaust heat recovery, belt-less engine). I think feature content wise, however, they're sharing with Lexus more than ground breaking in the Prius first, with the exception of the solar panel moon roof.

4. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Water-cooled EGR's are nothing new. My 2003 VW TDI has one.

The belt-less engine is a first and a great trend.

Personally, I see the solar moon-roof as a gimmick. Then again I don't understand the attraction of a moon-roof to begin with. (Have one in my Jetta and don't use it)

The 2010 is what I expected as well.

5. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    There are so many new things inside and out (and under the hood) on the new Prius that I would call it ground breaking.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    At least it has solar panels. Most certainly, it'll get attention that solar panels are viable. This is the first step (remember that the 1997 Prius had D-Cell batteries).

I love moonroofs cause you can let extra light in as well as tilt/open it without having the windows open (I don't like wind blowing in my face).