1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Immigration bill

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by briloop, Jun 14, 2007.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jhinton @ Jun 16 2007, 12:57 PM) [snapback]463032[/snapback]</div>
    Isn't it interesting that our country enforces some laws and not others???

It is spelled out - Crossing the border illegally is breaking the law, working here without papers is breaking the law, false id is against the law, not paying proper taxes is against the law, driving without insurance is against the law.

So we are supposed to follow the law that says the children of lawbreakers are automatically US citizens? Give me a break! Who thought of that law? I bet it was not designed to do what it is allowing.

All of the laws need updating.

I was in Atlanta before this flood of lawbreakers, and we were better off without them. I really don't care about having enough Mexicans here so Rich folks can have plenty of dometic help and cheap painters. I really don't care if we send the new gangs and meth dealers back.

By the way, the illegals here are not just mexican.

2. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1) Do you ever wonder why the US has the highest incarceration rate among western nations? Do you want to populate prisons instead of building schools?

2) How will anyone ever deport 12 million people? And how do you keep them from coming back? Will you be happy to see families split up?

3) Aren't you tired of being righteous? Where was your righteousness when you were breaking the law? Laws are made by humans and for humans they are not perfect because humans aren't perfect.

4) Have all your ancestors arrived here legally? Should you be deported if not as you are advocating for the children of those who are here illegally? Oh I guess you don't feel such entitlement of land anymore do you?

5) Those of you certain that immigrants illegally here have overrun so many communities, I have this question. If the government doesn't really know who is and isn't here illegally, how do you know? Because of the way people look?

Many of these people are victims. There needs to be a solution. And instead of paying $1 trillion for a war of choice turned into a quagmire would it not be better to hire 10x border enforcement officers?

I'm foreign, here legally and many of those here illegally have it easier and more cheap than I have it coming here to actually contribute. Whatever happened to compassion for humans? :unsure:

Btw nobody disagrees about securing the border. Ideally without a wall but with immigration officers.