1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Impeachment

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Bob Allen, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Dec 23 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]366118[/snapback]</div>
    Cool, You're so right! I think Wuhhh is the dumbest President we've ever had. All this guy does is get people killed & bankrupt our nation with his bulls**t war(s). I am afraid of what the choices will be in '08. Billary, Obama, or maybe Al Sharpton.

I'm no liberal and I'm not a Rep. I have this awful feeling we're headed for far more trouble when Georgie is done. Judging by the lack of meaningful actions by the latest bunch of parasites in Wash. it looks very bleak for the middle class. I hope I'm wrong with what I believe is coming in 2008.

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Dec 23 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]366073[/snapback]</div>
    Two years, no problem. But don't forget, this is also the country that six years after Watergate swept another Republican into office.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Bottom line: no matter who's in the White House or in Congress, the trans-national corporations are the ones calling the shots. Capitalism (i.e. greed) is an extremely powerful force, and its goal is the concentration of wealth. Right now the corporations have sucked the poor so dry that they see the middle class as the ripest fruit. When the greatest part of top-end wealth was controlled by individuals the middle class was seen as a safety buffer between the extremely rich and the masses of poor. The middle class was allowed to thrive because it protected the rich from the poor. But as control of wealth has shifted from individuals (think: Ford, Rockefeller, Carnegie, Kennedy) to corporations, individual self-protection has lost in importance compared with maximizing profits, and the middle class is no longer seen as necessary by the decision-makers. Bye-bye middle class. If the corporate managers no longer think they need you, they'll suck everything you've got until you're on a par with the poor. That may take a generation, though, so for now most of the middle class will still be able to live in their houses and drive their SUVs, while spending down their credit and their equity. But it won't make a whole lot of difference which party is in power, because in the last analysis, they don't call the shots where it really matters. They're both in the pockets of the corporations that fund their campaigns.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Dec 24 2006, 10:43 AM) [snapback]366273[/snapback]</div>
    Wow. I couldn't have said this better myself.

And as much as Americans are short sighted, not planning beyond the year end statement or next election, this is a very, very slow process. So slow that you're not supposed to notice.

Hence my reference to Fascism now and again. I, of course, am attacked for being an evil Liberal Liar.

But.

"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." - Benito Mussolini.

And who better than Mussolini should know?

Now, read what Daniel wrote again. We're moving in this direction. It may already be too late to stop. But like Global Warming, we need to reverse direction before we hit a point of no return.

5. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob Allen @ Dec 21 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]365422[/snapback]</div>
    Evidently, the only impeachable offense is, ah, getting serviced in the oval office. Oh, and you have to be a democrat. :rolleyes:

6. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Dec 23 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]366120[/snapback]</div>
    According to these people that comment is NOT funny!

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=26382&hl=

Daniel didn't you vote for Nader?

Wildkow

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Dec 27 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]367239[/snapback]</div>
    I voted for the Green Party in both of the last two presidential elections. Nader in 2000 and David Cobb in 2004. I thought it was unethical of Nader to acccept the Green Party nomination in 2000 and then run against the Green Party in 2004. But I still think he'd be a better president than we've had in my lifetime.

8. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Dec 24 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]366370[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, obstructing justice is impeachable (ask Nixon) but it's also pardonable, too...

9. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    The reason Obama has such a boost right now; is he can actually put together a coherent sentence and thought and say it without stumbling. Plus his mother taught him to stand up straight when he speaks and not make funny faces or get petulant when the press asks them a question that requires thought.