1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Important question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by kdailey356, Jan 9, 2007.

1. kdailey356

kdailey356 New Member

Is it alright for me to put 42/40PSI on touring bridgestone turanza tires? Or is that strictly for the normal, non-touring tire?

2. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What is the MAX pressure rating on the sidewall of the tire?

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< Went out to read the safety comments on my Bridgestone Turanza tires. I might add, it's in super fine print and hard to read in my garage, however, part of the warning reads:

"NEVER EXCEED 40 POUNDS"

When my 2007 touring Edition was delivered, I tried 40# front/38# back and didn't like the "feel" of that pressure, and since have reduced to 37/35 = better ride. Can't be sure of MPGs yet, only ~1,600 miles on the clock so far. If I find different info in better light, I will update.

UPDATE: Checked TireRack for specifications. This series of Bridgestone tires lists 44 psi as the maximum pressure.

4. afalcinelli201

afalcinelli201 New Member

After reading some previous posts, I changed the pressure to 42 front\40 back and I noticed that I could feel the road a little more and I'm also questioning my mpg. I've only got 1378mi. on my new prius. I also saw the MAX 44psi on my tires.

5. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    CapeCodPrius -

A (serious) request for the future:

There are many folks on these boards who do an awesome job at helping those in need. From the visits to this thread, I see that many of the members checked in here to see if they could help. Same thing I did, when I saw the subject of the thread. There are many "important" questions - and in the grand scheme of things, this isn't one of them.

So my request (if I may be so bold) is that you create subject lines that are more informative so that those who can help will be able to do so more easily, and those who can't help don't need to waste time.

Example: "Is 42/40psi OK in bridgestone turanzas?"

Thanks!

6. ifosso

ifosso Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jan 11 2007, 01:31 AM) [snapback]374013[/snapback]</div>
    LOL, reminds me of a conversation I had to have with my intern over the summer, he kept writing me emails with subjects like "Hi" or "Quick question" I had to explain to him he needs to put an actual SUBJECT in the subject field so I can organize information easier. Same thing here, "Topic" means just that :D .