1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In case I go missing I'll be with Master Chief...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Danny, Nov 8, 2004.

1. tag

tag Senior Member

We have an emoticon (Dannycon) for this:

:goodmorning:

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :silly: <-- This will be the next one!

3. starla30

starla30 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I wish I could get my hands on it. I was lucky enough to get to animate a few of the cut scenes in the game but I don't know anyone who owns an Xbox. :p

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I figured I'd give everyone an update...

I showed up at the GameStop near my house last night at about 11:30pm and was about 20 people back in the "VIP" line to pick up my copy of Halo 2. The next 40 minutes was spent talking to other folks in line, eating the food/sodas that GameStop provided to keep everyone awake, and people-watching. I live in an eclectic part of town with many races, and I think the most amazing part of the experience was seeing all the different types of people in the line, all linked by one common thing - a video game.

At 12:01am they opened the door for the VIPs and we walked in, showed our receipt, grabbed our copy and walked out. By the time I was walking in I'd say there were 100 or so "VIPs" (pre-paid) behind me, and another 75 or so in the "I put down my $10 deposit and all I got was this Mountain Dew" line. The first guy from that line was coming in as I was walking out - that was 12:05am. Sucks to be them; what a long wait ahead of them.

I got back to my house at about 12:20 with my buddy and we got right into it after a brief overview of the manual (who needs those anyway). As he was reading through it, I took out the contacts, threw on the sweatpants and got ready for gaming.

We lasted until about 2:45 or so - not bad considering I had to be up for work at 6:40 and my buddy had his graduate classes this morning.

The saga continues tonight after work and all day tomorrow (decided to put off playing hookey until my buddy (guy I played and beat the original Halo with) could join).

And actually, thanks for reminding me - I did run out of contact solution last night :)

5. tag

tag Senior Member

I was sort of hoping to read something about "showering" in there but............... :p

6. rflagg

rflagg Member

Showering? Oh, you must mean the Sims - in Halo you don't have to shower your characters to keep them happy, unless it's showering them in blood...

;)

PS - Hey Danny, check out the ads at the bottom of the page if you're still needing your eye drops! :)

-m.