1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In for the Long Haul?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by olddude, Oct 8, 2016.

1. olddude

olddude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have been trying to sell my 2010 Prius off and on for a year now with little to no interest. I have had it for 5 years now. Bought it with 25k and it now has 84k and I have done nothing but replaced headlight bulbs, tires and oil changes. We don't drive much anymore and the mpg just isn't of much concern. Was looking to get something bigger and more comfortable. Yea, I know old dudes buying a Buick... Big surprise. Anyway that doesn't look like that's gonna happen so...... I guess I'm gonna drive the Prius into the ground. What kinda problems have you all had approaching 100k. Is there anything I can do at this point to prevent any serious problems? I have only driven about 5k miles in the last year so it may be a long time to 100 or the 120k service.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You could drain and fill the ATF WS in the transaxle, otherwise just follow the service manual.

3. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Also keep an occasional eye on the oil dipstick. Catch any oil consumption before the dash light tells you and you'll avoid a big headache:).

What model 2010 do you have? I know out here you would have no problem selling your Prius, unless the asking price was too high.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    just drive it. maybe get a battery tender?